X-Ray machine and laptops?

How did this simple x-ray topic go so off course? I want to shed some more light on the x-ray topic. I am a radiologic technologist (xray tech). The fluoroscopes they use do produce x-ray radiation. There should not be any effect on electronics from the fluoroscopy used. The kilovoltage probably isn't powerful enough that it would damage electronics. The newer scanners the TSA is supposed to have implimented since 9-11 are using computed tomography (CT) scans. This too uses x-ray radiation to produce an image. If someone did put a laptop through something with magnets like in an MRI it would be toast. But if they were using MRI's the magnet core would be clogged from all the items stuck inside the MRI. LOL. I would say that TSA mishandled the items in question. You know how well they are paid and how much they love their jobs. Thats all for now. Oh yeah, do you like the moon?

Moon Lover

It's my fault. I was having a little fun with Doug and his computer woes and got the whole issue of offshoring started.

Sorry.

Back