For Sale WxWorx Bluetooth XM Weather Receiver

Hubbs

I have a lightly used XM WxWorx bluetooth receiver for sale. This unit will interface with virtually any handheld gps or portable EFB, I have tested it with the Bendix Av8or and used it regularly with Flight Prep Chart Case Pro.

I have the box, the antenna, USB data cable, and DC power cable (cigarette lighter style).

This helped keep me out of the really heavy stuff when I was out flying freight.

The WxWorx website lists the bluetooth version for more than $800, I am willing to sell it for $500 shipped.

For $350 more I will also throw in a Motion LE1600 tablet computer, protective case, bluetooth keyboard, extended slim battery and a bluetooth GPS receiver. I upgraded the computer with an extra 1Gb of ram and used it as an EFB with the Chart Case software. It worked very well as a 'handheld' gps and EFB for geo-referenced charts; and it seamlessly overlayed the XM weather. It has the View Anywhere Display which allows it to be read in even the brightest sunlight.

The tablet does have a large crack in the top left of the screen but it does not affect the usability of the unit. The AC power adapter has issues, the problem lies with the barrel plug - it does not make a good connection with the computer. I have tried a different adapter and it worked flawlessly so I know the issue is with the adapter. A replacement could probably be bought for around $50, I recently jury-rigged it to work, but it is definitely a temporary solution.

Back