Writtens... CFI, BGI, AGI

But do you need both the AGI and IGI test. If you are an AGI does that cover the IGI material? Deciding which test to take so any help would be great.

Whoo hoo.. just took the IRA test.. 88.. one more hoop I just jumped through..
smile.gif

On to the commerical.. Ordering the study setup tonight!

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I dont have an answer for your question, hopefully someone else will. But does ATP reimburse you for the the required writtens if you take them before you start?

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

JGriffis,

I just finished my IRA and FII. I used King's Instrument DVD course which I do recommend. As far as the sign off goes ( you only need a sign off for the IRA test) you just fax/mail your 3 practice tests results at the end of your training and king schools will fax/mail you back your sign off.

Hope this helps..

Chad

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you get your study materials from? Who signs you off?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine from ASA.. Either they or your instructor can sign you off for the written..

Jeff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you get your study materials from? Who signs you off?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine from ASA.. Either they or your instructor can sign you off for the written..

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the Gleim software myself. Once you correctly answer all the questions in the question bank, the software will print an authorization to take the test.

Does the Gleim setup let you know the "correct" answer when you answer the question or do you have to go back and find the correct answer?

I've been using the Sporty's online studdy buddy and really like it.. I am trying to find something similar for the commerical setup..

Do you need both the AGI and IGI test. If you are an AGI does that cover the IGI material? Deciding which test to take so any help would be great.

[ QUOTE ]
Does the Gleim setup let you know the "correct" answer when you answer the question or do you have to go back and find the correct answer?

I've been using the Sporty's online studdy buddy and really like it.. I am trying to find something similar for the commerical setup..

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to answer the questions correctly in test mode-it will tell you when you are wrong and what the correct answer is. You just go back and make another test session of just the questions you missed.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you need both the AGI and IGI test. If you are an AGI does that cover the IGI material? Deciding which test to take so any help would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

The FARs are contradictory regarding the ground instructor ratings, but basically the AGI lets you teach anything except ground training for an instrument rating and a couple others (don't have a FAR/AIM handy). The regs covering the AGI lead you to believe you can teach anything, until you read the regs for the IGI and what training requires it.

If you're getting an AGI/IGI to be eligible for a Gold Seal CFI in the future, either one will work.

pscraig thanks for the reply. I am getting the writtens out of the way before ACPP starts and just figured if the ground test came out of the same books why not take them. But like you said I was confused as to which one to do..I guess I will hit the AGI and call it a day.

I just picked up the Gleim Flight instructor with FOI and commerical test prep software packages.. Should be here tomorrow..

Do you guys do alot of studying on this type stuff while in the program or is it other stuff to study?

See, I am trying to decide if a laptop would be beneficial for me to bring to the ACPP...

I know that the renter must fall in an age bracket for the price, but why do the agencies get to charge more because of being below a minimum age? What if they charged different rates because of the color of one's skin, we all would be in court. Maybe the FBO's could charge more for pilots that hold only a Private ticket vs one that holds a Commercial/Instrument.

Back