Work Ties

Which kind of tie do you wear for work?

• Total voters
I don't always wear a tie. But when I do, it's a clip on. Fly safe my friends. :)

Who cares? He has to wear a polyester flag tie.:bang:

Um, no. Not a chance in hell I'm wearing their cult-member tie. Most of the original Morris Air guys wear a solid black tie as a symbol of solidarity and how they were screwed over in their merger with SWA years ago. Many of the AirTran pilots are planning to do the same. But of course, we aren't "part of the family" yet, so we're still wearing AirTran uniforms and AirTran IDs, even though SOC happened a long ass time ago.

Um, no. Not a chance in hell I'm wearing their cult-member tie. Most of the original Morris Air guys wear a solid black tie as a symbol of solidarity and how they were screwed over in their merger with SWA years ago. Many of the AirTran pilots are planning to do the same. But of course, we aren't "part of the family" yet, so we're still wearing AirTran uniforms and AirTran IDs, even though SOC happened a long ass time ago.

What color ties are you guys going to wear?

When I was flying into IAH all the crew had was their continental stuff. I thought they integrated already with uniforms.

Morris Air did a lot better than what happened to my co-workers from Muse! :)

What color ties are you guys going to wear?

Lots of guys talking about just joining the Morris guys in wearing plain black. I'm actually working on getting involved in my father's company, so my plan is to try to bail out of aviation before I'm even forced to transition to the SWA side, though.

When I was flying into IAH all the crew had was their continental stuff. I thought they integrated already with uniforms.

Not sure what UAL/CAL have done with uniforms, but it wouldn't surprise me if they've already integrated. After all, that's how a company who actually knows something about a merger does things.

Not sure what UAL/CAL have done with uniforms, but it wouldn't surprise me if they've already integrated. After all, that's how a company who actually knows something about a merger does things.
According to a lovely 121.5 discussion they will have a new all blue uniform.

I was going to say that the only people who talk about hair and clothes more than airline pilots are 8th grade girls, but I really actually think airline pilots have them beat.

I was going to say that the only people who talk about hair and clothes more than airline pilots are 8th grade girls, but I really actually think airline pilots have them beat.

Who mentioned hair, sister? :)

Good man. Thanks for asking. NM and I finished our check rides yesterday. Loft today, home tomorrow, then the wait for oe begins.

Yeah I decided to stick it out here too. Maybe another year or so and I'll be where you are...as long as nothing silly happens.

Back