Work Ties

Which kind of tie do you wear for work?

• Total voters
Like a clip on for security, but a traditional for looks. You can have both! Take a traditional tie. Tie it on, then loosen it and slide it off. Cut it where the loop would be on the back of your neck, then tack it together with two pieces of thread, making sure that you only use one loop per tack. Wear as normal, but when someone grabs and pulls it, the thread will break and the ass whuppin begins.

I cannot imagine not wearing a traditional tie. And yes, I've had jobs that required ties on a daily basis, so I understand the...um... pain in the neck. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I stopped wearing clip-ons when I was 9.

However, I never considered the security aspect. Mostly because I could never in a million years imagine grabbing someone by their necktie. What kind of balls do you have to have to actually reach out and grab someone's tie? Especially if that someone is your freaking pilot. No... no... not especially, actually. Just - at all? That takes a special kind of audacity. If you find yourself actually grabbing the necktie of someone you disagree with, you need some serious anger management.

You only do yours part time? ;)

Agreed!
If someone grabbed me by the tie, or anywhere for that matter, you are done on that flight!

There would be no way that I would not have them removed. None.
I'd be full time, but I'm already flying 90 hours a month. :(

I was waiting for the Hawaiian interisland and Island Air guys to chime in!
It just makes us look like wannabes.

At least we have to wear pants! Certain caravan operators don't look very good at all with their pasty white twigs walking around.

If someone grabbed my tie and it came off, I think I'd be inclined to have them take another flight.

If someone grabbed me by the tie, being removed from the flight would be the least of their concerns. If fact I think they'd gladly volunteer to get off the plane after I'd broken their broken arm and had my foot on the back of their neck while their face is being pressed into the carpet so hard they can taste what 1,000 passengers previously had dropped in crumbs.

Yep!

Just remember all Delta pilots also have to wear hats!

:)

I don't think I've ever gone to work without my hat, and I know the CommutAir guys on here will vouch about that. Since only 5% of the pilots wear them, everyone sorta looks down upon them here.

I cannot imagine not wearing a traditional tie. And yes, I've had jobs that required ties on a daily basis, so I understand the...um... pain in the neck. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I stopped wearing clip-ons when I was 9.

However, I never considered the security aspect. Mostly because I could never in a million years imagine grabbing someone by their necktie. What kind of balls do you have to have to actually reach out and grab someone's tie? Especially if that someone is your freaking pilot. No... no... not especially, actually. Just - at all? That takes a special kind of audacity. If you find yourself actually grabbing the necktie of someone you disagree with, you need some serious anger management.

Well I can tell you from experience that the tie is the first thing they go for! Almost every "scuffle" I have been in while a law enforcement officer the tie is the first thing yanked off. Also every department's SOP I have worked for forbids traditional ties. With things the way they are in 121 flying I would treat it the same way. But like others said some ass of a passenger yanks my tie off its on!

Back