WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :)

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Delta furloghed pilot recall! WOOOOOO!

Not all of 'em yet, but our pal MDPilot is goin' back to work, baby!
smile.gif

More news later, gonna go eat and play some NTN Trivia next door.

WOOOOO! Yeah!

That's great news! Ironically, It was only a day after I made the post wondering how Delta could be losing all those pilots and not re-call anyone else.

When I saw the super excited sounding title of this post, I was thinking "wow, I hope this has something to do with recalls....but it probably won't be". What a pleasant surprise!

Great news, how many pilots is Delta recalling?

This recall covers the most recent 250 pilots furloughed under Force Manure II, from the Iraq war. Recall is for 45 in Oct, 45 in Nov and 160 in Dec. Unfortunately, that still leaves 1060 of us still out on the street. But I am thankful to be going back to work in Dec
cool.gif

Awesome news!!! I would smile but I got my wisdom teeth taken out today (to be honest I am not really doing too bad).

[ QUOTE ]

More news later, gonna go eat and play some NTN Trivia next door.

WOOOOO! Yeah!

[/ QUOTE ]

Doug,
What is your NTN handle and where do you play? Mine is C MAN and I play at Buffulos in Greensboro, NC.

[ QUOTE ]
This recall covers the most recent 250 pilots furloughed under Force Manure II, from the Iraq war. Recall is for 45 in Oct, 45 in Nov and 160 in Dec. Unfortunately, that still leaves 1060 of us still out on the street. But I am thankful to be going back to work in Dec
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I'm so ecstatic you're coming back Mike, because when you sent me the PM about getting the "axe", it pretty much darkened my day and I walked around like a freakin' zombie.

And I've been secretly 'bumming' ever since.

Get back online, grab a stick and rush the Bastille with the rest of us!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Doug,

How about Little Joe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Li'l Joe was part of the first furlough group and there's been no word about his plight.

He landed a job flying PIC in a Falcon so in the meantime, he's doing well.

The furlough struck Joe pretty hard and even his mom read me the riot act about Leo et al.

BTW, Joe's sister is on baby #2 now!

[ QUOTE ]

Doug,
What is your NTN handle and where do you play? Mine is C MAN and I play at Buffulos in Greensboro, NC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't registered one yet, but I usually play under "Doogie" or "emdy88" if I do.

But that's no guarantee that if you see either one that it's actually me. I usually play at the Bennigans in Irving, TX (near the airport) or very rarely at the Pizzaria Uno in Scottsdale, AZ.

Wow, DL recalls pilots!
I think the company is doing this because they knew they'd lose the grievance, and they're doing this as a gesture of 'goodwill' so they'll maybe get out of paying the back pay these 250 pilots are due. It is however great news for the 250, I remember when I got recalled last April, (before getting furloughed again but that's another story) I knew the recall letter was arriving via certified mail, and that I'd have to sign for it. I was living with my folks on our farm in WI and everyday I'd see the mail truck coming down the road and I'd run out to meet it like a little kid. I thought it would be a very long time before any DL pilot got recalled, this is the best news I've heard in a long time!

Somewhere in hell, there's a snowball fight right now..........

[ QUOTE ]
Somewhere in hell, there's a snowball fight right now..........

[/ QUOTE ]

And someone receiving a glass of icewater, as well!
smile.gif

This is great news! Let's hope it's just the beginning of a nice new hiring cycle in the aviation industry!

Sounds good, no lack of passingers, traveling around on monday I heard at least 5 or 6 overbooked announcements from South and America West in a period of about 3hrs. (LAX)

Back