WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :)

[ QUOTE ]
This recall covers the most recent 250 pilots furloughed under Force Manure II, from the Iraq war. Recall is for 45 in Oct, 45 in Nov and 160 in Dec. Unfortunately, that still leaves 1060 of us still out on the street. But I am thankful to be going back to work in Dec
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And will you be updating your username profile then too?
smile.gif

Does anyone know if any of the other majors have had any recalls?

It shoud be interesting if they look to DA, and say... hey they are bringing back more, thus they will have more flights, more customers, and we need to get on board or they will take more of our market share.

Any other time one airline does something, ( raises prices, cut flights, furlough pilots) the others follow suit ASAP...

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if any of the other majors have had any recalls?

It shoud be interesting if they look to DA, and say... hey they are bringing back more, thus they will have more flights, more customers, and we need to get on board or they will take more of our market share.

Any other time one airline does something, ( raises prices, cut flights, furlough pilots) the others follow suit ASAP...

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing you have to realize is that DL isn't recalling these pilots because DL is adding back a lot of flights. DL is recalling these pilots because so many pilots are retiring that DL has to recall pilots in order to maintain the current schedule.

DL's still projects capacity to be down 3-4% in comparison with last year. Unfortunately, when you have the highest cost structure among all major airlines (as DL now does), expansion can be very difficult.

MDPilot, You could really get a nice first paycheck if the ALPA gets backpay for you guys! I suppose that's going to be difficult to get out of them.

Actually, that's false. We do not have the highest cost structure at all.

In fact, post bankruptcy UAL, AMR, AAA still have higher cost structures. The only two lower are JBLU (everyone's at 3 years seniority, SWA (doesn't serve 80% of the country) and CAL is about equal.

I don't have the CASM figures handy, but I can dig them up this evening once I reach Chicago if you'd like to see the CASM comparison sheet.

Delta does have some of the highest bonuses paid to their executives though! (But don't get me started on that)

[ QUOTE ]
The thing you have to realize is that DL isn't recalling these pilots because DL is adding back a lot of flights. DL is recalling these pilots because so many pilots are retiring that DL has to recall pilots in order to maintain the current schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i heard that's only part of the story...

I heard that other part is that DL's bringing back those guys to keep schedule up and to make it "look good" so that ALPA will drop their lawsuit for backpay -what was it they called it "illegal firing" or something like that??

Ahh!

Aha!

Yes!

Found it!

Here is the CURRENT CASM (Cost per available seat mile) at the majors. And this is after concessions at AAA (USAir), UA and AA:

JetBlue: 6.07
Southwest: 7.68
Air Tran: 8.30
Continental: 8.67
Delta Air Lines: 9.71
Northwest Airlines: 9.84
American Airlines (after union concessions): 10.68
United Airlines (after union concessions): 11.21
US Airways (after union concessions): 12.10

And those are numbers straight from Wall Street.

Pilot costs are not the airline's problems.

I could work for free and you still wouldn't get a 'smokin' deal' air fare from Detroit to Austin.

Congrats on MDPilot and the rest of the recall guys. I knew when Doug mentioned all the retirements something had to be done. I read where corp communications said that due to some retirements and the expected increase in travel was the reason. As usual they wont admit that the pilots who can are getting out because they are sick of it...

Back