Woo-f***ing-Hoo!!

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
Well I just found out about a half-hour ago that my brother has officially been hired as a police officer! He started the process (with this particular department) back in May! This is great because it'll let him finnish his degrees and put some money aside for flying. He's always been interested in police/military work (as well as flying) and we've got a lot of "Boys in Blue" in our family history so this is just outstanding!

His idea/plan now is to do his "20 years" as an officer, retire, then fly corporate/charter work (ala Eagle).

This is just such outstanding news ... we've all been worried sick over the outcome. He starts "pre-academy" here in a week and then the full blown academy in January. Which gives me some time to finnish my ratings (he's waiting on me to get my instructor ratings so I can finnish his instrument and commercial) .. as he's been starting to ride me about taking so long!
grin.gif

Cool, cool, cool!

[ QUOTE ]
His idea/plan now is to do his "20 years" as an officer, retire, then fly corporate/charter work (ala Eagle).

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you,

The world could use more people like me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you,

The world could use more people like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
crazy.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...This is great because it'll let him finnish his degrees and put some money aside for flying....Which gives me some time to finnish my ratings (he's waiting on me to get my instructor ratings so I can finnish his instrument and commercial) ..

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to swedish his degrees and norwegian your ratings?
grin.gif

[disclaimer] my grandmother and father are both high-ranking officials in the Spelling and Grammar Bee police, and some of that has rubbed off. Do not take this personally or seriously [/disclaimer]

[ QUOTE ]
[disclaimer] my grandmother and father are both high-ranking officials in the Spelling and Grammar Bee police, and some of that has rubbed off. Do not take this personally or seriously [/disclaimer]

[/ QUOTE ]

<--- is a former print reporter and editor ....

now you know why*!
tongue.gif

*Not really, but since I've gotten away from it my grammatical, and spelling, skills have gone to hell.

I think we've found a new position on the board... GRAMMER POLICE!! We've got room for 3 openings.

[ QUOTE ]
I think we've found a new position on the board... GRAMMER POLICE!! We've got room for 3 openings.

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be GRAMMAR, young man, not GRAMMER!
<sharply slapping wrist with ruler>

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my house it was my mom. Growing up we used to have to pay a quarter when we spoke incorrectly.

Even today at family gatherings my two younger brothers and I still enjoy saying things like "mom, where's the salt at" just to raise her hackles. It's funny the amount of work we go into in wording a sentence just so we can end it with a preposition, which is her pet peeve.

Yeah, it's odd. What can I say.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's funny the amount of work we go into in wording a sentence just so we can end it with a preposition, which is her pet peeve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ever hear the one about the redneck who ended up with a scholarship to Harvard?

One day he's walking across the campus, and doesn't know where the library is. So he stops a guy, and asks him, "Can you tell me where the library's at?"

The guy looks at him with total disgust, and says, "My good man, this is Harvard. We do not end our sentences with a preposition."

So the redneck says, "Okay. Where's the library at, [butthead]?"

My pet peeve is the misuse of the word "literally." I've heard people say things like "he literally ripped her head off" and I'm thinking, so why does she still have her head attached?

Or flight attendants that say "The flying time to XYZ is approximately 58 minutes"

It's exactly 58 minutes, and approximately one hour.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Or flight attendants that say "The flying time to XYZ is approximately 58 minutes"

It's exactly 58 minutes, and approximately one hour.

[/ QUOTE ] nooooooo... that's not right... it is still approximately 58 minutes until you get there and then you'll know the EXACT time....

Hey baby, I just got you an AJ's croissant and a grande eggnog latte from Starbucks, cut a brother some slack now!

ahhh... so your admitting that i'm right then?? hahahhaha... no way - bro's gets no's slacks from me's...
grin.gif

girls 1, boys 0

So funny when a white girl from Wisconsin tries to talk ghetto.

Give it up, Marsha Brady!

[ QUOTE ]
So funny when a white girl from Wisconsin tries to talk ghetto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't you be dissin' us white girls from Wisconsin!
grin.gif

(Did I spell 'dissin' right?)

Oh great, so now I've got both you and my wife talking about:

BOOOOOOOTS

KAAAAAAAPs FrOOOOzen CustAAAAAArd.

LeineKOOOOOOGles.

REEEEEEAL Chili DOOOOWN AAAAAHN Da ROOOOOOOad NEEEEEER Water STREEEEEEET.

Oh YAH and dah summer fest, hey!
smile.gif

Wisconsin grows the best women, Steve and I are lucky guys!
wink.gif

It is, uhh, Steve right?
smile.gif

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.......

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You guys have multiple computers at the house or something?

Back