WN / DL / UA / AA New Pay, 401k and More

Did they JUST get a new contract? If not, I'll tell you that their current scale isn't enough to comfortably live in the PNW
They ratified in April but it's worth posting about to see what other benefits they have (401k, etc).

They ratified in April but it's worth posting about to see what other benefits they have (401k, etc).
That would be good info to know. Alaska did receive a nice pay bump however their scale I believe is still upwards 15-20 years. Pay now between $73k-$160k top out? But again takes a while to get top out, and SEA is very expensive. 401k I believe is 6% plus whatever company matches additional. If anyone from AS can clarify this as well as schedules and hours that would great.

Also JetBlue would be good info. I have heard they renegotiate pay every 2 years and are due for a new pay agreement anytime now. Saw this JetBlue pay earlier this year. Not great for the NY area but again they’re up for a new payment agreement. If their takeover of Spirit is successful and they indeed do a split operation between NY and FL as rumored, could be pretty nice. 12 year payscale. 401k info, schedules and hours and such would be appreciated as well.

Attachments

• 0913F6B8-EB0C-41D7-B4FF-76EAF3EDCD85.jpeg
    0913F6B8-EB0C-41D7-B4FF-76EAF3EDCD85.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 247
That would be good info to know. Alaska did receive a nice pay bump however their scale I believe is still upwards 15-20 years. Pay now between $73k-$160k top out? But again takes a while to get top out, and SEA is very expensive. 401k I believe is 6% plus whatever company matches additional. If anyone from AS can clarify this as well as schedules and hours that would great.

Also JetBlue would be good info. I have heard they renegotiate pay every 2 years and are due for a new pay agreement anytime now. Saw this JetBlue pay earlier this year. Not great for the NY area but again they’re up for a new payment agreement. If their takeover of Spirit is successful and they indeed do a split operation between NY and FL as rumored, could be pretty nice. 12 year payscale. 401k info, schedules and hours and such would be appreciated as well.

That is the current pay scale. The compensation review is this spring and hearing it’s going to be a pretty good bump with everything going on. Also that pay scale doesn’t include longevity. 20 year top out is something like $140k

Schedules is 4/3 4/4 unless on relief. Relief schedules get posted mid month for the following month.

Working 16 days a month. 10 hour shifts but only work for 9.5 hours since there’s no actual break.

New dispatchers start out accruing 6 weeks worth of PTO. At 5 years of company seniority it goes up to 7 weeks. At 10 years, 8 weeks. And top out PTO accrual is 9 weeks at 15 years.

Dispatchers can sell their PTO each month if they so choose in order to make even more. On the flip side, they can choose to save their PTO and bid up to 12 weeks of vacation a year.

All SOC crew members including dispatchers receive a post tax transit/parking each month. $100 and $200 a month respectively.

Cost of living is definitely high in NYC but the majority of dispatchers rent/own in the suburbs of LI/NJ/CT where COL is much better than the city. The commute is not bad at all considering the majority of start/end times are off peak.

401k is a 5% company match and an additional 8% company contribution which totals to 13% company contribution

Last edited:
That is the current pay scale. The compensation review is this spring and hearing it’s going to be a pretty good bump with everything going on. Also that pay scale doesn’t include longevity. 20 year top out is something like $140k

Schedules is 4/3 4/4 unless on relief. Relief schedules get posted mid month for the following month.

Working 16 days a month. 10 hour shifts but only work for 9.5 hours since there’s no actual break.

New dispatchers start out accruing 6 weeks worth of PTO. At 5 years of company seniority it goes up to 7 weeks. At 10 years, 8 weeks. And top out PTO accrual is 9 weeks at 15 years.

Dispatchers can sell their PTO each month if they so choose in order to make even more. On the flip side, they can choose to save their PTO and bid up to 12 weeks of vacation a year.

All SOC crew members including dispatchers receive a post tax transit/parking each month. $100 and $200 a month respectively.

Cost of living is definitely high in NYC but the majority of dispatchers rent/own in the suburbs of LI/NJ/CT where COL is much better than the city. The commute is not bad at all considering the majority of start/end times are off peak.

401k is a 5% company match and an additional 8% company contribution which totals to 13% company contribution
Thank you JetBlue. That 401k is phenomenal and the PTO and 4/3, 4/4 is nice too. Thanks for the info.

Still waiting on Alaska info if anyone can add.

Thank you JetBlue. That 401k is phenomenal and the PTO and 4/3, 4/4 is nice too. Thanks for the info.

Still waiting on Alaska info if anyone can add.

I hope they can keep all that good stuff they have after the Spirit merger. The pay isnt great for NYC but would be better if they moved to MCO. That 401K, schedule, pay raise and a move to MCO would raise Jetblue to the legacy career level.

I hope they can keep all that good stuff they have after the Spirit merger. The pay isnt great for NYC but would be better if they moved to MCO. That 401K, schedule, pay raise and a move to MCO would raise Jetblue to the legacy career level.

True but like I mentioned previously, very few dispatchers actually live in NYC. The pay is still pretty good for the outlying suburbs. Considering COL and QOL in MCO/FLL isn’t all that (still better than NYC for sure) I’d much rather them keep the SOC in NY area and raise our pay to something that matches the legacies. Only time will tell what they actually do, like with anything.

Anyone have intel on AA's new TA?
The info above for AA is the new TA info. The pay under the 2023 column is now the new pay. Includes the immediate 6% raise, with an additional 4.5% of monthly salary + license pay of $370 each month and a $6000 signing bonus. 5% 401k with up to an additional 4% matching = 9%. Larger profit sharing, longevity pay and more.

The info above for AA is the new TA info. The pay under the 2023 column is now the new pay. Includes the immediate 6% raise, with an additional 4.5% of monthly salary + license pay of $370 each month and a $6000 signing bonus. 5% 401k with up to an additional 4% matching = 9%. Larger profit sharing, longevity pay and more.

A slight correction/clarification to this: The license premium is $370 plus 4.5% of monthly salary.

Would you mind explaining what license premium is? I've heard of the majors doing it, no clue what it is

It’s essentially a premium you get because you have a license. Never really understood especially since most airlines offer that even if you’re off a whole month or longer.

It’s essentially a premium you get because you have a license. Never really understood especially since most airlines offer that even if you’re off a whole month or longer.
Simply a way to hide money

How it was explained to me is that by having that money given in the form of a license premium it allows the company to control their costs a bit better. If you got rid of the license premium and just added it to the base salary. Then that allows the 1.5X and 2.0X overtime rates to inflate the company’s costs. Especially those top of scale people.

How it was explained to me is that by having that money given in the form of a license premium it allows the company to control their costs a bit better. If you got rid of the license premium and just added it to the base salary. Then that allows the 1.5X and 2.0X overtime rates to inflate the company’s costs. Especially those top of scale people.
Huh, interesting....

Here is one way to explain it - The company (airline) does not have a blanket dispatch license which would allow them to hire anyone. Instead they are required to have licensed dispatchers. Thus they are paying you for that license and for you to do what is required to keep that license. Likewise in theory, if you were to lose your license and managed to stay employed, the company would no longer pay the license premium.

Would you mind explaining what license premium is? I've heard of the majors doing it, no clue what it is
Yes to everything said above. Majors, legacies and I’m assuming cargo pay the dxers an extra $370 (in this case with AA) a month on top of your salary for your license. It’s a nice perk and some use it just for savings. AA will also be adding 4.5% of your monthly salary to the $370 for the total license pay, so for new dxers it adds about $700 a month to their salaries (once off training, no license pay during training at any major). For senior folks this could add nearly $1000 to their salaries a month I believe.

To answer the question about how does the new TA compare to UA, it sounds like AA will now be paying the same as UA and DL. They’re all 3 very similar. With the exception of AA paying 79% during training, then you would receive the full pay after checking out. I believe UA and DL do not have reduced training pay currently? 401ks, profit sharing and bonuses are also very close. Once checked out, all 3 legacies are very similar as far as TAs go it seems.

Current Alaska employee here. I've got pictures of the latest contract agreement. I apologize for their quality...I just snapped them from my desk haha.

First, we "technically" do have a 20 year scale, but 7 years of it is longevity pay.

Second, as you can see in the photos - we have the market review clause where we will almost assuredly get a pay raise in 2025 due to the other raises being handed out in the industry.
450FEDA6-9164-4C72-82C5-D10FE2520BF5.jpeg

FF66E31B-C317-4E28-BC77-5263D643C53D.jpeg

Current Alaska employee here. I've got pictures of the latest contract agreement. I apologize for their quality...I just snapped them from my desk haha.

First, we "technically" do have a 20 year scale, but 7 years of it is longevity pay.

Second, as you can see in the photos - we have the market review clause where we will almost assuredly get a pay raise in 2025 due to the other raises being handed out in the industry. View attachment 68905
View attachment 68906
Thank you Alaska for info. Would you be willing to also verify 401k, if shifts are 8 or 10 hours and how they’re scheduled, maybe PTO and also number of hours worked a year?

Back