Withholding Help!!!

MikeOH58

I recently took over the management of two aircraft. I am having a income tax/unemployment withholding issue, and I am looking for advice.

Employer - New Jersey registered Trust. (Will never actually show up to New Jersey for work)
Flight Department Location - Connecticut
Residence - Connecticut
Aircraft 1 - Connecticut
Aircraft 2 - New York

If I am flying aircraft 1 or working at the office I am in Connecticut. If I am flying aircraft 2, 99% of the time I am going from my house directly to the hangar in New York. My interpretation of NYS tax law is that I would owe income taxes on days where work originates in New York, as income is being earned in the State?

If the above is true, do I have to withhold income taxes in Connecticut and New York during a given pay period? I am a salaried employee, so would all days (including days I don't work) go to Connecticut UNLESS I am flying aircraft 2 which would go to New York?

How would unemployment work?

Finally....New Jersey... As an employee, I don't owe anything to them right? I am thinking this is no different then working for say a major cell phone company who's HQ is Atlanta, but the employee works in say Georgia.

Thanks in advance

@MikeOH58 I'm not sure about most of that but as a EWR (NJ) based pilot I have Worker's comp insurance and other NJ program fees taken out of my paycheck. It's not much, but they must have something set up for those working out of NJ.

Back