winter in dc

triple7

Went over to the girlfriends family's home for dinner tonite wondering where the snow the have been predicting was....i walked outside after 3 hours inside and it was rediculous...falling at about an inch an hour.

here are dulles and DCA tafs and metars....
KDCA 260123Z 260124 13009KT 1 1/2SM -SN OVC020
FM0200 07007KT 1SM -SN OVC010
FM0500 06007KT 1/2SM SN OVC005
FM1200 08007KT 3SM -SNPL OVC010=

KDCA 260135Z 11007KT 1/2SM R01/P6000FT SN VV009 M08/M12 A3031 RMK AO2 P0000

KIAD 260120Z 260124 VRB06KT 1/2SM SN OVC006
FM0600 06007KT 1SM -SN OVC007
FM1400 08007KT 3SM -SNPL OVC010=

KIAD 260127Z 14006KT 1/4SM R01R/3500V4500FT SN FZFG VV003 M09/M11 A3027 RMK AO2 P

Ughhh....I'm so tired of seeing those ugly METAR's!!
grin.gif

i went to Benihanas at 6 15, and by 8 15 it had fallen to about 2 inches, coming down an inch an hour...fortunatley i dont have school tomorrow because of the end of the semester!

I am trying to find out if i am getting out of work tomorrow....i am thinking i wont be working......

Hey, triple7, that looks like a typical METAR for 75% of the days between November and March up here in Syracuse.
smirk.gif
It's almost guaranteed to snow 5 out of every 7 days. May only accumulate an inch or two a day, but enough to keep most people grounded.

Of course, I say this, and today it was nearly clear, unlimited, calm winds. First day like that in a while. Of course, temp was -25, but you take what you can get.

Hopefully I won't have to walk the 1/4 mile to work!
blush.gif
Good thing is...most of my coworkers have a much longer commute, so hopefully I can work from home!

I have a lesson tomorrow night, but it's only sim time so I should be good assuming my instructor can make it in.

Edited to add: visibility is no more than 1/2 mile out of my living room window at 100' agl in the Inner Harbor in Baltimore...

Dulles has a 200 foot ceiling and 0.1 mile visibility. So, who wants to go flying tonight?

grin.gif

Edited to add:

Make that a 100 foot ceiling! Holy cow!

Tell me about it, I was supposed to have my MEL check ride at KFME last friday, couldn't because of a broken transponder, so rescheduled for monday...not gonna happen with 7 inches of snow and freezing rain all day monday.

It's kind of amazing how everything around us was closed, but yet ,we,the students of Appalachian State University got up and went to class. My roommate and I were like "Our siblings get the day off and we have to go to class". Oh well
grin.gif
. Actually it wasn't that bad, it snows alot up here so the campus is very well prepared for it. I love snow as well, it makes the area look so much nicer in my opinion!

I'm out here in DC for work right now and got the day off work. And it looks like at least one appointment is cancelled tomorrow. Sat around with one of my buddies and drank beer and got paid for it. Ahhhh, the life.
cool.gif

Feel a little pain for those of us who had to drag our butts to work in the snow this morning and do it again in the freezing drizzle tonight!

Not fun, my friend. And I have to do it with freezing drizzle tomorrow morning and tomorrow night!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Appalachian State University

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very tempting target.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The names Cleatus and Zeke come to mind when I hear Appalachian State University.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
I'm out here in DC for work right now and got the day off work. And it looks like at least one appointment is cancelled tomorrow. Sat around with one of my buddies and drank beer and got paid for it. Ahhhh, the life.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

stultus, you dont know anyone from dc who was originally from north dakota do you? pm me if you do

[ QUOTE ]
The names Cleatus and Zeke come to mind when I hear Appalachian State University.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey - don't knock something you know nothing about, bro.

ASU has one of the finest math, science and medicine departments in the Southeast.

I could cast a few stones based on your photo, but I won't because I don't know a thing about you - and that would be wrong, wouldn't it?

[/rant]
[second rant]
Kind of crawls under my skin when folks tag ignorant labels on things base on its geographical region.

Sometimes, I think it's funny. This time I didn't.
[/second rant]

Carry on.
R2F

Back