Wings

Loved that show!

You can imagine my disappoint my first time into ACK and I realized the terminal didn't look like that on the inside. The restaurant did have a "Roy Biggins For Town Council" poster, though...and great clam chowder!

One of my favorite things about the holidays… discovery would run a 24 hour wings marathon on New Year’s Day. Little poser, a bunch of cool new Christmas presents, and a whole day of wings? I came out of my room to poop and that was about it.

Oh man, I had totally forgotten about that!

You can find them all on YouTube!

Wings of the Red Star…man, what a soundtrack for that show, along with Sir Pete Ustinov.

Yeah I did find them. At some point, maybe it was a copyright issue, the XB-70 episode (and I think the F-14 one) lost the original mood music/soundtrack on most youtube links, replaced by some modern sounding garbage. 70% of the experience is the narrator, and the music I remember. So I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to track down a copy with the original, which I did eventually. I do still have almost the whole series recorded on VHS at my parents house, in case of zombie apocalypse though

Yeah I did find them. At some point, maybe it was a copyright issue, the XB-70 episode (and I think the F-14 one) lost the original mood music/soundtrack on most youtube links, replaced by some modern sounding garbage. 70% of the experience is the narrator, and the music I remember. So I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to track down a copy with the original, which I did eventually. I do still have almost the whole series recorded on VHS at my parents house, in case of zombie apocalypse though

Check out these videos…the footage is pretty good, but the narration is HILARIOUS… y’all enjoy

Was that show inspired by Cape Air? They could do a sequel with Tecnam's instead of 402's.
With all the influencers nowadays it’ll probably be like a reality show. Albeit I haven’t seen any Cape Air influencers. I guess props aren’t cool enough 🤷‍♂️.

19f7c7b902129507d85165cd93803ff4.jpg

I’ve got time in both! Although I didn’t know 160PB was associated with Wings. They repainted 121PB while I was there and that decal never came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I came here to post this picture. I have one circa-2012, shot on a Blackberry. It doesn't look as nice as yours.

I loved the show and loved Cape Air.

I came here to post this picture. I have one circa-2012, shot on a Blackberry. It doesn't look as nice as yours.

I loved the show and loved Cape Air.

Mine would be from 2013 (started late 2012), shot on the mighty iPhone 4. They were fun times…

Why didn't Roy just put a couple Shorts 360s on the Nantucket to Boston run, charge $10 a seat until Aeromass pushed those pesky Hacket boys and their clapped out 402 into bankruptcy?

On the other hand, if the Hackets could cancel all their flights for a week to take Carlton to Albequerque so he could see his brother, what kind of business model did they really have anyway?
Is this an Irish thing, laddy?🤣

The Pluto app had a channel where it just played wings on repeat. During covid, I watched alot of Wings. There was a couple episodes that I couldnt find anywhere, but knew I had seen before and found out there are 20+ episodes that you can no longer find due to music licensing issues, so unless you have DVD box set, you cant see them.

Why didn't Roy just put a couple Shorts 360s on the Nantucket to Boston run, charge $10 a seat until Aeromass pushed those pesky Hacket boys and their clapped out 402 into bankruptcy?

On the other hand, if the Hackets could cancel all their flights for a week to take Carlton to Albequerque so he could see his brother, what kind of business model did they really have anyway?
GEEEZUUUS Zap. I have met you. We broke bread and had a beer together once. I honestly thought you were smarter than this. I have read your thoughts for years.

Clearly the Hacket brothers and "Sandpiper Air" were simply a front for their true activities - smuggling for Amado Carillo Fuentes - El Senor de Los Cielos. At the time he was the most powerful trafficker in Mexico and largely kept things somewhat orderly until his death - he was running multiple cargo 727's between Columbia and Mexico full of coke. I seriously thought you were smarter than this. Dummy up, buddy.

Mine would be from 2013 (started late 2012), shot on the mighty iPhone 4. They were fun times…

That's a bummer they didn't keep that, when I left in '11 the "new" paint scheme was still getting to the rest of the fleet. All the PB's (120, 121, 160, 258, maybe more that's just what I have in my logbook) were former Provincetown-Boston Airlines birds from what I was told (peanut butter airlines lol).

Back