Wings

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Why didn't Roy just put a couple Shorts 360s on the Nantucket to Boston run, charge $10 a seat until Aeromass pushed those pesky Hacket boys and their clapped out 402 into bankruptcy?

On the other hand, if the Hackets could cancel all their flights for a week to take Carlton to Albequerque so he could see his brother, what kind of business model did they really have anyway?

Attachments

• IMG_6554.gif
    IMG_6554.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Why didn't Roy just put a couple Shorts 360s on the Nantucket to Boston run, charge $10 a seat until Aeromass pushed those pesky Hacket boys and their clapped out 402 into bankruptcy?

On the other hand, if the Hackets could cancel all their flights for a week to take Carlton to Albequerque so he could see his brother, what kind of business model did they really have anyway?
Hackets lost a lot of business while doing their shenanigans. Sandpiper was always doomed. It wasn’t until they hired Kenny to do some flights that they really hit their stride. Kenny was my hero, I wanted to be Kenny.

I always got the impression that Joe and Brian we’re basically kept afloat, personally AND professionally from family inheritance. I don’t remember either one of them really struggling off the aerodrone, but I also don’t ever remember Sandpiper ever flourishing.

They were definitely subsidized by something and it wasn’t Helen’s lunch counter/cello playing.

Fun story. My daughter was an absolute demon spawn the first two months of her life when it came to sleeping. She refused to sleep unless someone was actively holding her. Her mom and I being dumbass first time parents we refused to even doze while holding her so we operated on 12 hour shifts. I got 1900 - 0700. I survived on lots of coffee and binge watching old tv shows. One of them was Wings.

I have very fond/painful memories of listening the Wings opening piano piece at 3am with a sleeping 3week old on my boobs.

I always got the impression that Joe and Brian we’re basically kept afloat, personally AND professionally from family inheritance. I don’t remember either one of them really struggling off the aerodrone, but I also don’t ever remember Sandpiper ever flourishing.

They were definitely subsidized by something and it wasn’t Helen’s lunch counter/cello playing.

Fun story. My daughter was an absolute demon spawn the first two months of her life when it came to sleeping. She refused to sleep unless someone was actively holding her. Her mom and I being dumbass first time parents we refused to even doze while holding her so we operated on 12 hour shifts. I got 1900 - 0700. I survived on lots of coffee and binge watching old tv shows. One of them was Wings.

I have very fond/painful memories of listening the Wings opening piano piece at 3am with a sleeping 3week old on my boobs.
The Hacketts didn’t inherit any money but were made “rich” by each other. They were kept afloat by Joes hard work and summer season. Winter on Nantucket is only for the masochist society.

I love that show, but I also think it's the reason why many current pilots feel as if A/Ps are dumb. Lowell was made to look like an idiot.

One of the smartest people I know is an A&P. She studied it through a program in high school up in NY, got hired by a "large southeast carrier" super early, flying on the side and will probably reach competive minimums by the time she's age-eligible for an ATP. Worked on my jet once. Still airplane spots between shifts. Motivated and speaks like she's been around since the Ottoman Empire.

I also thing the shorts was a hangar queen, never saw in flight attendants.

Back