Wing tip Wednesday

024DCF21-A37C-4F22-804A-44B377685C58.jpeg

This is no doubt the worst airplane for photography that I’ve ever flown. Doesn’t stop me from trying though.

Where did you find that? Was that when the guys were doing their around the globe thing?
You're thinking the LA-8. I went and flew the L-44 during the world cup. They both come out of Samara and the same engineering school. And are derivatives of the Chaika L-6.

You're thinking the LA-8. I went and flew the L-44 during the world cup. They both come out of Samara and the same engineering school. And are derivatives of the Chaika L-6.
You are absolutely right, for some reason I thought there was a 42/44 derivative in there also.
Neat bird!

Sweet. An acquaintance was the original owner of this blue 42 -

048498.jpg

I think he got over a thousand hours in that thing before going over to the dark side of the helicopters
I wish I could just buy one, but it'd have to come in as exhibition and that's worthless. So a build it will be. But there's nothing else even close in takeoff/landing distance, speed and useful load. I've looked everywhere for some sort of western analogue, but it just doesn't exist.

I wish I could just buy one, but it'd have to come in as exhibition and that's worthless. So a build it will be.
We had good fun in exhibition, but I think it was due to Yak-52 being somehow military and same for Aerospatiale Gazelle - those were exempt from faxing proposed destinations stuff to the feds. Do they still require that?
But year, build would be better

We had good fun in exhibition, but I think it was due to Yak-52 being somehow military and same for Aerospatiale Gazelle - those were exempt from faxing proposed destinations stuff to the feds. Do they still require that?
But year, build would be better
Ya, they still require that. I can see how exhibition works okay for Yaks and the various trainers and even the Migs that have been imported. You don't use those the same way.

Back