Wiggins Air at IPT

erice

I was in the FBO at Williamsport PA (IPT) this afternoon, and saw this posted on the bulletin board. There was a FedEx Caravan in one of the hangars, so I'll assume that is what is being offered. I did not see this job opening listed on the wiggins-air.com website.

Wiggins Airways Pilot Wanted

Wiggins Airways, a Part 135 FedEx Cargo Carrier headquartered in Manchester NH, is seeking a Full time pilot to be based in Williamsport, PA (IPT).

Minimum qualifications are:

Applicants must possess an FAA Commercial Certificate with an Instrument rating and an FAA 2nd class Medical Certificate.

2000 hours TT, 1000 hours PIC, 100 hours night, 50 hours actual inst. Strong Instrument skills and winter flying experience required. Must be current.

Excellent working conditions and benefits. $37,000 starting pay plus Per diem, Medical and Dental Ins, Life Ins, 401K, Vacation, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Uniforms.

Qualified applicants may call Mark Hobson, Director of Administration, at 603-206-1818 for additional information or Fax their resumes to 603-669-8708, ATTN: Mark Hobson, or Email to mhobson@wiggins-air.com.

You may also apply on-line at www.wiggins-air.com

Met that guy covering IPT and AVP at MRA...very nice guy, must have retired. Good for him.

He seemed to enjoy the route and company.

I'm based at IPT. From what I know the floater position (IPT, UNV, AVP, ELM) is open and I also got wind that they may be adding another pilot to fly the IPT-MDT route. However, I do believe the posting on the board is for the floating position, so "based" at Williamsport isn't exactly true. You may have a 2 hr drive. The current pilot that runs the IPT-MDT route isn't leaving.

I've not heard too much negative there. What bad deal did you run into there?

Oh god they promise the world and deliver nothing they prided themselves on never laying any pilots off but that's not true. Plus it's just the typical koolaid you get everywhere management thinks the place is the best place to work for but they never do what they promise and the president would trip over a hundred dollar bill to pick up a friggin nickel

Oh god they promise the world and deliver nothing they prided themselves on never laying any pilots off but that's not true. Plus it's just the typical koolaid you get everywhere management thinks the place is the best place to work for but they never do what they promise and the president would trip over a hundred dollar bill to pick up a friggin nickel

You and I have had very different experiences there, I really enjoyed my time working for Wiggins, and having worked for other 135 cargo outfits similar to Wiggins, it is by far the most organized and best run organization.

Last edited:
You and I have had very different experiences there, I really enjoyed my time working for Wiggins, and having worked for other 135 cargo outfits similar to Wiggins, it is by far the most organized and best run organization.

That must be because you weren't based in MHT, so you didn't see the way the company was actually run on a day to day basis. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my time with wiggins and you can do worse but the original post that got me was saying the company was run by some of the best management just blew my mind.

I didn't fly for Wiggins, but I worked on the line service side of things for a long time, and it was always frustrating dealing with management.

Very good company with many many great people running it.

This was the quote that I laughed at. Again it's not a bad company to work for and the hr head will take care of anything you need it's just the people actually running the show don't care about the people actually doing the flying or maintaining or line service. That's of course just an opinion and everyone has one. Would I tell someone not to work there absolutely not, actually I would recommend it just advise that you don't drink the we are the best company in the world hype.

That must be because you weren't based in MHT, so you didn't see the way the company was actually run on a day to day basis. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my time with wiggins and you can do worse but the original post that got me was saying the company was run by some of the best management just blew my mind.

No I wasn't MHT based, and sure given that fact I didn't have to deal with management on a daily basis, make my opinion different than yours, but coming from another 135 cargo job at them time, and now into 135 charter and even working as a CFI and the AZ pilot mill, in my opinion management has their stuff together and the company runs much more smoothly than the other jobs in aviation I've had. I also worked the Fedex side so things. Which from what I heard was way different from UPS. Best management/company in the world? No. But one of the better ones for 135 night cargo.

Back