Why the need for a passport to apply for a REGIONAL?

91-3A

Anyone? Seems to me the flying would be in-country and the training as well...so, why? Just another means of showing the company you are who you say you are? ...on top of the Birth Cert, FAA licenses, SSN card, Driver's license, DNA testing, fingerprinting, and your first born...just curious...:bandit:

A passport is no longer a CASS requirment, the TSA removed that a year or two ago. However, most airlines developed policies/procedures based on that and so some still require it because it is their created policy.

Anyone? Seems to me the flying would be in-country and the training as well...so, why? Just another means of showing the company you are who you say you are? ...on top of the Birth Cert, FAA licenses, SSN card, Driver's license, DNA testing, fingerprinting, and your first born...just curious...:bandit:

The term "Regional Airline" no longer serves as an accurate description of the type of flying or aircraft these operaters do and use.

Regional airlines are not just flying the intra state routes of days past. "Regional Airlines" now fly far north into canada's providences and down South into the Caribean and Mexico. The 19 seat and smaller aircraft of the 1980 "commuters" are still flying but the F100, BAe 146, and F27, DC9, etc. aircraft from mainline flying have shifted, for various reasons, to the regionals. Now the EMB/CRJ series fly longer routes and larger more complicated aircraft.

A passport is just one of the little things needed to get that flying done.

You get about 5 different good answers and instead you chose to comment on the one juvenile remark that Velo made?

You'll come to see that he just can't post something without being derogatory. If you ignore that part, most of what you get is actually worthwhile.

You get about 5 different good answers and instead you chose to comment on the one juvenile remark that Velo made?

You'll come to see that he just can't post something without being derogatory. If you ignore that part, most of what you get is actually worthwhile.

AS IF!!

91-3A -

I have flown to nine cities in Canada (number ten is inevitable soon), nine cities in Mexico, and one in the Bahamas at the vendor airline level.

I have also done training in Canada.

So you see another example here that a passport is needed.

A passport is required, largely because you may fly to Canada and well, it's a requirement of applying.

Much like a Restricted Radiotelephone License is required. No one checks it (apart from line checks and checkrides), there's really no test beyond being able to successfully fill out a check with FCC as the payee, but it is what it is.

A passport is required, largely because you may fly to Canada and well, it's a requirement of applying.

Much like a Restricted Radiotelephone License is required. No one checks it (apart from line checks and checkrides), there's really no test beyond being able to successfully fill out a check with FCC as the payee, but it is what it is.

That is the best description I have read about the Restricted Radiotelephone Permit. Thanks Doug! :D

Yep... no requirement to have it with a PPL. Maybe he just wanted to see it?

That's what I'm thinking. If he was nice about it and just curious, good for him. Anything other than that and I'd probably look for another examiner!

Thanks, great point...I appreciate everyone's input...*focus on the positive*:bandit:

Back