Why the need for a passport to apply for a REGIONAL?

Anyone? Seems to me the flying would be in-country and the training as well...so, why? Just another means of showing the company you are who you say you are? ...on top of the Birth Cert, FAA licenses, SSN card, Driver's license, DNA testing, fingerprinting, and your first born...just curious...:bandit:

Two words.

Canada.

Mexico.

And depending on the regional, there may be a third. Carribean.

Any other questions?

Man, maybe Ms. Teen South Carolina was right when she said too many U.S. Americans don't have maps.

A passport is required, largely because you may fly to Canada and well, it's a requirement of applying.

Much like a Restricted Radiotelephone License is required. No one checks it (apart from line checks and checkrides), there's really no test beyond being able to successfully fill out a check with FCC as the payee, but it is what it is.
I just hate that the FCC is charging $60 last year to get it. As long as you have a pilot's certificate, they just issue it to you. I need to find mine back. I may be 135 but you never know when we may start going international.

It's a pain in the butt, don't get me wrong.

But word of warning, if getting an FCC license and a passport seem to be issues that are raising your blood pressure in the slightest bit, the airline business is going to give you a coronary for SURE.

It's a pain in the butt, don't get me wrong.

But word of warning, if getting an FCC license and a passport seem to be issues that are raising your blood pressure in the slightest bit, the airline business is going to give you a coronary for SURE.

Yeah, just wait til you have to go through the hassle to get the second passport, and then all the visas, then remember which passport you used to enter Saudi Arabia when you go to Israel....

Yeah, just wait til you have to go through the hassle to get the second passport, and then all the visas, then remember which passport you used to enter Saudi Arabia when you go to Israel....

Word.

In fact, I'm renewing my Russian visa and second passport as we speak. It's as simple as going to the CIBT website and following those instructions, right? WRONG! :)

Word.

In fact, I'm renewing my Russian visa and second passport as we speak. It's as simple as going to the CIBT website and following those instructions, right? WRONG! :)

CIBT and I have a hate/hate relationship. They lost my first passport when I sent it in for a renewal, and I'm still waiting for my second and Russian visa, 2 months after submitting it!

CIBT and I have a hate/hate relationship. They lost my first passport when I sent it in for a renewal, and I'm still waiting for my second and Russian visa, 2 months after submitting it!

My first passport, second passport, French visa and Russian visa all come due within a couple of months of each other this Fall. I am close to loosing sleep over it (notice I said "close"). However, one of those is at least an excuse to go up to Buckhead. Mmmmm, R. Thomas' breakfast. Maybe I will get to sit next to Andre 3000 again.

Back