Who's the newest CFI/CFI-I?

Ophir

Who\'s the newest CFI/CFI-I?

Hey, I passed! I passed both rides, it was great. A long story will follow but as of now, it is off to dinner with my lady in celebration. Thanks for all the help and inspriation to all of you out there in JC world.

Re: Who\'s the newest CFI/CFI-I?

Congrats! I'm hoping to join those illustrious ranks this summer.
grin.gif

Awsome Job! Welcome to the elite group of one of poorest paid group of teachers!

Cool deal! Now you've got the pleasure of learning to write extra small!

Thanks ED! It's your turn, and who else is going for it right now? 602, you're on it right? GET IT!!!

I'm working on them right now too. I'm sitting here right now trying to decide what I am going to "teach" tommorrow

Threaten to teach them skydiving if they don't quit grabbing for the mixture instead of carb heat at downwind midfield!
grin.gif

Congrats!! Enjoy.

HEY, WATCH THIS!!...

Nah, just use the pen that most pilots use, the Zebra F-301 fine point!

F301BPBlk.jpg

Best pilot pen on Earth!

It's weird because at work, whenever a gate agent, flight attendant or pilot loses a pen, they suspect everyone else stole it because we all use it. Kinda weird.

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!

See? I told you you would end up being my CFI before I finished my CFI.

Vous êtes mon héros. Je veux avoir vos enfants...

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, just use the pen that most pilots use, the Zebra F-301 fine point!

[/ QUOTE ]
I should try that one. My bag is full of pens that say "Holiday Inn", "Quality Inn", "Hilton" (only a few of those), and similar nomenclature. Typically white plastic with blue or green writing (except Hilton are black with silver writing - classy!). Since I'm always losing pens, picking up two or three on every RON usually works in my favor.
cool.gif

Congrats from an almost-five-year CFI (yikes, has it really been that long?). Put it to good use ... be careful, be safe, and have fun. Best of luck!

FL270

Way to go, buddy.

You folks wanna know just how dedicated Ophir is? He's breaking out his laptop to go over stuff while we're in Vegas!

Great to see you got it done, my friend!

[ QUOTE ]
You folks wanna know just how dedicated Ophir is? He's breaking out his laptop to go over stuff while we're in Vegas!

[/ QUOTE ]That ain't dedicated ... that's just sick, man.

FL270

Thanks Tony! Well, to qualify, I was studying in Vegas only because i was such a slacker before that date, it was coming to the wire.

It was quite a two day, back to back exam. I actually pinked the first day and then got it together after that. The DE was great though. He told me that I had failed but he knew it was due to my CFI not really preparing me. The reality was that in the last minute a FAA guy from the FSDO next door decided to sit in. So suddenly my DE was being examined too. My paperwork was totally screwed but and then foot got off going backwards with the wrong foot. I now look back on it and think that the pink was the best thing that could have happened. As soon as I knew it was over, I just relaxed and all the rest of the two days just rolled along, no worries. ( I really pinked on two fairly simple things, FOI and BFR's, I will write the story later.)

In the end, with the FAA guy gone and me feeling at ease with the situation the DE and I just sat down and talked about aviation for two days. We shot a couple of approaches on Friday and generally had some great flying. After the exams, I am even more invigorated to continue studying and polishing the skills and knowledge.

Thanks for the encouragement gang!

Grats!

My Dec. 29th ride has been postponed due to a broken propeller. Doh! EVERYTIME I schedule a ride the airplane breaks. Ah well...

Grats again on the job well done!

602, dude, you have the worst luck when it comes to planes and checkrides. What gives? Best of luck when you take it though!!!
wink.gif

OUTSTANDING Ophir!

Consider me one of those "right behind you". I SHOULD be done with the Comm. rides by mid January, then it's on to the CFI(s).

Back