Who's the newest CFI/CFI-I?

Re: Who\'s the newest CFI/CFI-I?

[ QUOTE ]
602, dude, you have the worst luck when it comes to planes and checkrides. What gives? Best of luck when you take it though!!!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The airplane is 42-years old and we (I, actually) fly the sh*t out of it. The two weeks it was up and running after the annual I put 15 hours on it! And that's when the prop decided to go nuts.
grin.gif

It all works out in the end, though, I guess.

Grats again!!

Thanks, well I wish your plane the best of luck too then. I know that thing might need it. I was looking forward to meeting you in Vegas if that thing had been fixed in time.
wink.gif

R2F, thanks! Get on that Comm. That is a fun rating.

Ahh yes. I really wish I could have made Vegas. I was going to non-rev on SWA but their loads were all jam packed.

The good news is the carbs we were waiting for (in the annual which is why I couldn't make Vegas) are fantastic. I think it's running better than it ever has.

The plane is actually in very good shape and we take care of it (which is why it's "always" in the shop) but things break when you fly any airplane a lot. SUch is life.

I'll get it all finished eventually - or die (of old age) trying!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
R2F, thanks! Get on that Comm. That is a fun rating.

[/ QUOTE ]
Workin' on it, bro.
cool.gif

24.8 hours and counting.
smile.gif

So how about a gouge, ophir. I've got my CFI ride schedule for early January at the FSDO and I'm hearing that the FSDO pilot examiners can be über difficult. Luckily my CFI's got another guy going to take his initial CFI at the same place a few days before me.

What kind of questions did the oral focus on? I've heard that the FOI info gets glossed over and that the FAA is more interested in your knowledge of regs, pilot privileges, endorsements, maneuvers, etc. Makes sense that they would emphasize safety of flight over fundamentals of instructing.

Back