Who's in the ATL?

I ultimately gave up on the TM Passport... got the $65 T-shirt, then things started to bog down. It seemed that every time I tried to add to my personal list, they were out of whatever I asked for. Even the "featured' brews a time or two.

Still like going' though. It 's actually more enjoyable with the pressure off.:D

No kidding...I just discovered that thing the other day...quite a daunting task. Yet another reason to switch from the noon to midnight reserve to the 6-6 :)

6-6 i where it is at. . .at least for us scum on the -200. . .or at least for me this month. wow - reserve day credit is going to come into play for me - :nana2:

Passport club membership? I don't get it. Is it a jet thing? BTW, I've flown 4.95 hrs this month:nana2:

Getting MMG huh. . .bummer. . .i've been a good boy and will credit over 112 once you add in my reserve day credit for exceeding 75 hours of block this month. 5 days at 3.75 baby.

Passport club - tacomac.com

They get you guys your class dates yet?

Sept 22nd. Going to the 700. Jumpsat on that beast from Philly today. Going from the ATR to 700 is like going from sardines to fillet Mignon for dinner

Sept 22nd. Going to the 700. Jumpsat on that beast from Philly today. Going from the ATR to 700 is like going from sardines to fillet Mignon for dinner

You seem to JS a lot so you might know. Is the -200 as quiet up front as the -700? I'd like to get a small tiny headset and don't know what's quieter. Jumpsat on the 700 and it was quiet. Never jumpsat on the -200.

Since getting my car stolen the first day I was hired at the Red Roof, I have had no desire to live in ATL- just in my crashpad downtown at the Willy O. Otherwise, I commute to ATL from San Francisco, but will soon be doing the Denver-Atlanta commute.

You seem to JS a lot so you might know. Is the -200 as quiet up front as the -700? I'd like to get a small tiny headset and don't know what's quieter. Jumpsat on the 700 and it was quiet. Never jumpsat on the -200.

700 is much quieter. I barely heard the engines on takeoff

Since getting my car stolen the first day I was hired at the Red Roof, I have had no desire to live in ATL- just in my crashpad downtown at the Willy O. Otherwise, I commute to ATL from San Francisco, but will soon be doing the Denver-Atlanta commute.

yo man that is a monstrous commute! Gotta give you props because I sure as heck couldn't do it.

Not all parts of ATL are bad. Where I live (Northside) I always forget to lock my doors and nothing happens. Even left my wallet and cellphone in there once.

You couldn't pay me enough to do either of those commutes. Honestly, you shouldn't let the Red Roof influence your opinion of Atlanta. Like 777 said, lots of areas around Atlanta are very nice. It's just the area around the airport that sucks. I live about 25 minutes south of the airport in Newnan, and all of the areas around here are great. Practically zero crime, friendly people, lots of places to shop and eat, etc... I've lived in several states, and only rural Ohio appeals to me more.

The utopia of the West coast is too strong for some people to leave.

Fine by me - we don't need any more west coast liberals in this fine great Republican state of Georgia. :sarcasm:

It wasnt just the car, i had just moved from my old job; I'd say a good 50% of my belongings were in that car. I did not know better about the southside of the city.

Atlanta's not the end of the world, just not my cup of tea. I'd much rather be in SFO, DEN, or even Asheville

It wasnt just the car, i had just moved from my old job; I'd say a good 50% of my belongings were in that car. I did not know better about the southside of the city.

Atlanta's not the end of the world, just not my cup of tea. I'd much rather be in SFO, DEN, or even Asheville

Sorry to hear that man. Did you ever get your car back?

700 is much quieter. I barely heard the engines on takeoff

yo man that is a monstrous commute! Gotta give you props because I sure as heck couldn't do it.

Not all parts of ATL are bad. Where I live (Northside) I always forget to lock my doors and nothing happens. Even left my wallet and cellphone in there once.

Note to self...if I see 777forever's car in the crew lot, look for free stuff :D:p

While we're on the topic. I have come to the conclusion that Peachtree City might be a great place to raise a family...but for a 25 year old single guy it is really boring. Where should I move in November when I hit year 2 pay?

Note to self...if I see 777forever's car in the crew lot, look for free stuff :D:p

While we're on the topic. I have come to the conclusion that Peachtree City might be a great place to raise a family...but for a 25 year old single guy it is really boring. Where should I move in November when I hit year 2 pay?

Midtown or the Highlands would be ideal if you really looking for excitement. Thats where I'm looking to go year 3 or 4. Other than that, Smyrna/Vinings area is alright, definitely not boring.

Highlands, East Atlanta (Cabbage Town), Little Fives, or Decatur (cheaper but, still close to the previous). I'd stay away from Smyrna/Vinings if I were you. Not that they are bad places, quite the contrary. But, still they are more for folks like me - late 20's, early to mid 30's, married, 0.8 kids.

Actually, I'm going to put in another plug for East Atlanta. Two of my brothers lived there while they were in their early 20's and absolutely loved it. I loved visiting them too, lots to do and drink, and look at :).

The utopia of the West coast is too strong for some people to leave.

Fine by me - we don't need any more west coast liberals in this fine great Republican state of Georgia. :sarcasm:

Serious Josh!! These west coast libs are out here are crazy!!! Wait a second....;) It is actually hard to leave CA, though if I still have a job come January/February, we'll probably take the plunge and head to Columbus...or somewhere near it.

BTW...I'll be in the ATL again this Friday night for a layover.

Back