Who's Flying Tomorrow?

tonyw

Who\'s Flying Tomorrow?

So, tomorrow, we will have way too many cermonies to mark the passing of a horrible day two years ago. And people will say, oh, God, how can you fly on that day, aren't you worried that the terrorists will attack again?

So who's flying tomorrow?

I'll be flying twice -- once by myself and one time to go to LA so that I can hang out with my friends this weekend and go visit the Rose Bowl.

I guess that's just my little way to flip bin Laden the bird not once, but twice.

Re: Who\'s Flying Tomorrow?

Through a series of delays, a friend of mine is going to attempt a PPL checkride tomorrow.

I will definately be flying. Those Chandelles and Steep Turns need a little touching up.

As far as terrorist attacks go? I'll check the floorboards in the backseat to make sure no one is going to get me. Ha Ha. I really don't think there will be another attack tommorrow. Security will be tight everywhere and everyone will be on alert. I pray that I am right!! General Aviation and the airlines took a big hit two years ago, and I don't think we can handle another one like it.

Safe flying to all and watch out for the Tannenbaum or whoever.
cool.gif

I was going to pick up a trip, but that fizzled and now I'm going to spend the evening with my friends from school.

I have one flight tomorrow, just a short one around the PHX area. I'm not too worried about being hijacked in a Cessna, but I wouldn't be surprised if I get ramp checked.

What I am worried about are the two one way airline tickets I purchsed for travel next week. I might get molested going through security :
crazy.gif

I was going to be flying into San Francisco Intl. (KSFO) tomorrow, however, I have decided to fly in there on Friday instead due to problems with accommodation....... So I will be flying a day after the anniversary if that counts as anything special!!!! I'm quite excited since it will be my very first time on an Airbus as well as first time on the A320!
blush.gif

Last September 9/11 I flew on Virgin Blue from Brisbane to Sydney in Australia. I remember a few passengers looking a little nervous. Another thing that probably added to the nervousness was turbulence. We had some awfully rough turbulence (by my standards) during the flight + we had to navigate around some pretty nasty looking thunderstorm clouds with very high ceilings. Freaked them out a bit I guess........

Doug. I'll be in Seattle tomorrow night, too. Do you guys stay downtown or by the airport? If yer downtown tomorrow evening, I'll buy you a brewski...my cutoff time is 2130. I can make anything within walking distance of the waterfront.

doneikenberry@hotmail.com

[ QUOTE ]
Doug. I'll be in Seattle tomorrow night, too. Do you guys stay downtown or by the airport? If yer downtown tomorrow evening, I'll buy you a brewski...my cutoff time is 2130. I can make anything within walking distance of the waterfront.

doneikenberry@hotmail.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea! It's my first SEA layover since my 727 engineer days. But we're staying at the Mayflower Park and we're not leaving SEA until 1255.

Anyone know where that is?!

The captain I'm flying with is one the first week of the Atkins diet, so I'd most likely be solo.

I'll be taking the seneca up for some air work and single engine instrument approaches tomorrow on 9/11. I've got a checkride on tuesday, so preparation comes before superstition in this instance. I work at an FBO as a line service tech and this anniversary really doesn't seem significant to anyone at the airport. When I left tonight, our board was full of fuel orders and "tow up front" requests for tomorrow. We did have a 30 minute "security seminar" before our shift today, but it was mostly nothing we haven't been hearing for the past two years.

I've got students tommorrow from:

#1 9am-11:30am (Stalls, spins
crazy.gif
Steep Turns, Slow Flight)

#2 11:30-2:00pm (Airport hopping SNA-LGB-FUL-SNA
cool.gif
)

#3 3pm-5:30pm (checkride prep
tongue.gif
)

#4 6:00pm-8:30pm (Pattern work
confused.gif
)

#5 9:00-? ( I promised an insturctor I would be his safety pilot for some IFR approaches)
frown.gif

So all in all, I'm probably going to be in the air tommorrow more than I'll be on the ground.

Doug. Your hotel is downtown. There is a Red Robin I often go to on the waterfront that is ten blocks from your hotel. Send me an email if you want to try and hook up and I'll give you my cell number. I'll probably hit my hotel at 730pm. Are you doing DL1506? It's due into SEA at 735pm.

shootin approaches locally....that inst checkride is moving in quickly.......sept 29 is the big day. no time to waste. damn bin laden

I'm with you Mrivc211...I've got four flights today. No doubt I will be in the air pretty much all day.

Was planning on it, but it's looking like thunderstorms are probably going to keep me on the ground.

I'm with ivc and ESF. Full schedule keeps me airborne most of the day. F Bin Laden.

I have two short (40 minute) legs in the King Air today.

God Bless America.

FL270

Well, I'll be SITTING in a plane on the ground later today going over my checks (engine-out procedures, Vmc demo, etc. etc.) for my PPMEL/I checkride on Saturday.

Beautiful day here. Wish I were flying.

I'm flying today (9/11).

SLC-BZN
BZN-SLC
SLC-YVR

Spending the night in Vancouver- a lovely overnight, especially in the summer.

Back