Who's Flying Tomorrow?

Re: Who\'s Flying Tomorrow?

I won't be flying but I'll be giving my second lesson to my CFI tonight (for the MEI) ... I might go out and do a few T&Gs as a "tribute" to today however.

[ QUOTE ]
PPMEL/I checkride on Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck!

We're in the middle of a combat employment exercise, and I got stuck on nights. So it's going on night #3 of joint ops with Marine Harriers hitting targets west of GBN below the WX. Luckily, moon illum is good making the NVGs much more useful.

I did two legs today. One deadhead (which was full) and one flying (which had only 7 pax; think word got out that I was on IOE?).

I flew back from Las Cruces today in my C-152. Owh my heavens it was slow...Took about 6 and a half hours, but did alright with average cruise of 107 kts. Though I flew in the Corpus Intl and I was in hold for a while.

3 Flights done today in the NY area.

It was strange because on the 10th there was a notam here at Republic Apt (Long Island NY) that the airport would be closed on the 11th. Of course I didn't listen to the rest of it (it was on the ATIS), it then stated from 3am-7am for maintanence. Fixing the ILS and painting....

But of course my first reaction was oh geez, here we go with another ADIZ etc!

Sheesh, finally got to SEA, two hours late of course.

Man, what dogpoopy weather up here! Here I was about 80 feet from minimums thinking "I wonder what layover hotel their going to put us up in Portland after we divert?" but magically, the lights appeared and we landed.

That dogpoopy weather is what i used to call home!!! I miss it SO much. I would trade this stinky humid midwest heat anyday for endless rain. If you have time to venture out, there are quite a few good restaurants in the Capitol Hill part of Seattle. Though you are probably more likely in the seatac area. There is also a Rainforest Cafe there.

We're actually downtown (I think) at the Mayflower, is there someplace I could find a tasty breakfast in the morning? We're apparently right down from Market something?!

Yes, (if you are facing the red neon sign that says "Pike Place Market") Go down to the Market and turn right on the side street that runs along it. There is a Russian bakery that sells wonderful pastries. I would go with the Pieroshky. They come stuffed with potato egg cheese or anything you can think of. You can also get good seasonal fruit at the market. There are also lots of coffee places nearby. Stick to Seattle's Best coffee. DOesn't taste like ground dirt like starbucks does. ANy more questions on Seattle PM me.

Well a little late on the post but CDC-RNO stiff headwind than that night RNO-SGU-CDC stiff tailwind one of the funnest trips nice moon rise and a 30kt tailwind home severe clear and smooth as glass and no I didnt see the races.

Hey Doug,

I heard you guys on the CHINS arrival. Center gave you a freq. change and before it clicked in my head that was you, it was too late. Otherwise I may have given a "Yo Doug." I was over YKM on our way to YVR.

Do you guys moniter ATL radio or do you have ACARS?

Cool!

Nah, we've got ACARS so we don't monitor ATL radio. Usually dispatch just sends us an email or sends a text message to the printer if they need to send us something.

Sure beats getting awakened by the SELCAL chime mid flight! BONG! BONG!

Back