Whole crew gets sick: Flight from SFO makes emergency landing

Not really an emergency if you continue the flight for 90 minutes AFTER the declared emergency, is it? Now I understand it was an A380 but there were a LOT of airports that could handle that plane between northern ND and the west coast!!

I thinking that I'm going to have to throw the flag on this one...............:confused2:

Not really an emergency if you continue the flight for 90 minutes AFTER the declared emergency, is it? Now I understand it was an A380 but there were a LOT of airports that could handle that plane between northern ND and the west coast!!

I thinking that I'm going to have to throw the flag on this one...............:confused2:

Seems like it was an emergency that didn’t require an immediate landing and there’s not many places for an A380 to go over midwestern Canada. I’m sure there were a number of logistical reasons to choose Vancouver over anywhere else.

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a380family/a380airportcompatibility/

According to Airbus at least, pretty slim pickings in that neck of the woods.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Whole-crew-gets-sick-Flight-from-SFO-makes-10285363.php

This seems kind of odd... All 25 crew sick causing a diversion, yet NONE of the pax were sick? Maybe they all had the fish...

I saw that movie! Both the pilot and the co-pilot had the fish.

Some chopper pilot from Vietnam with no fixed wing time had to land the airliner with the stewardess in the right seat. We didn't call them flight attendants back then. After landing the plane skidded for the better part of 7 minutes taking out the glide-slope shack three times.

661899227_c4967cdb5b.jpg

Seems like it was an emergency that didn’t require an immediate landing and there’s not many places for an A380 to go over midwestern Canada. I’m sure there were a number of logistical reasons to choose Vancouver over anywhere else.
The ATC report is that the pilot reported "smoke and toxic fumes in the cabin and cockpit"....hmmm, never flown an A380 but in every other aircraft I've ever been in, this was a pretty immediate landing situation.

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a380family/a380airportcompatibility/

According to Airbus at least, pretty slim pickings in that neck of the woods.
And what would we expect Airbus to say.....?

I saw that movie! Both the pilot and the co-pilot had the fish.

Some chopper pilot from Vietnam with no fixed wing time had to land the airliner with the stewardess in the right seat. We didn't call them flight attendants back then. After landing the plane skidded for the better part of 7 minutes taking out the glide-slope shack three times.

661899227_c4967cdb5b.jpg

I saw the remake of that movie!
airplane-zero-hour.jpg

Wasn't there a BA cabin crew that got sick and died due to an oil seal from an engine? Something bad in that oil.....

Back