Where would you go in 30 hours of hobbs time for free?

I"m gonna post pictures from my trip, HOWEVER when I come back someone will have to show me how I can do it. I know how to setup a website to host it, but it still doesn't work!

By the way, being from Southern Calfirnia, the worst kinda wether I've had to face is being in fog down to minimums. Can anyone give me a few pointers on what to look out for with regards to flying around the Northwest or Southeast?
Thanks

I wouldn't even leave the ramp. I'd just turn the master switch on and listen to that cool noise it makes
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone give me a few pointers on what to look out for with regards to flying around the Northwest or Southeast?

[/ QUOTE ]
We have been having wonderful weather in the southeast for the past month: mostly clear days with little rain. These conditions should be perfect for your flight.

May I recommend a couple of destinations?

One of my favorite airports to visit is Grand Strand (CRE) in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Any approach (visual or instrument) will bring you along the coast. After you park at the Ramp 66 FBO, you can walk across the street to the beach or dine in one of the many seafood restaurants adjacent to the airport.

Greenville, SC is another favorite destination. I have flown into both the downtown airport (GMU) as well as the international airport (GSP). Either serves as a great jumping-off place for skirting the Appalachians, but expect higher fuel prices at GSP.

Thanks, well......the guy is still unsure about where he wants to go. Which makes me nervous becuase he wants to plan stuff the morning in which we're leaving, which is a really bad idea. Also, he wants to do IFR stuff and get some actual and I'm not so fond of that idea becuase this guy has no IFR experience and is new to the airplane and will be flying left seat. I only have about 10 horus PIC in it as well. Not only that, but he only has the NOS charts and not the Jeppessen which I am very comfortable with.
I may have to do the inevitable and say were not doing IFR stuff until you get some practice in a regular 172 or at least practice under the hood for a while.

The pictures will be up soon! If Ed comes thru on his side!
grin.gif

Mrivc211,
Other parts of the Southeast (SouthEast Texas, Lousiana, Mississippi, Alabam and Florida) from what I hear on TV or see with my own eyes are having a nice front coming through which is causing some quite cool air, with lots of rain. Also look out for the fog...Foggy this time of year. Just some pointers...

Back