Where have you're trips taken you lately?

Where have you\'re trips taken you lately?

To all the professional and airline pilots reading this, where have you been lately? I always like hearing where pilots trips have taken them, along with stories from the road. I look forward to reading them!

Re: Where have you\'re trips taken you lately?

Oh I see - you're gonna dis the rest of us, huh?

wink.gif

Haha, it wasn't meant that way. I don't know I just like hearing about alll the pros, it's like my therapy. I just can't wait till I get up in the cockpit myself. Ok, everyone, share any interesting flying stories about places you've been lately!
laugh.gif

Not an airline pilot but here it goes - Cincinnati, Louisville, Bullhead City, AZ(Laughlin, NV), Las Vegas, Laze of the Ozarks, MO, Cincinnati(again), Greensboro, Knoxville, Evansville, IN, Minneapolis, Farmingdale, NY, Philly, D.C.(Dulles), Louisville(again), back home to Cincy - even in a Challenger that was alot of traveling in 4 days.

Jason

Not airline either...but still on the road !
Cities i actually stayed in recently : Whichita KS, Bradley, St Paul MN, Allentown PA, Syracuse NY (try the dinosaur-bbq......yummy), Pittsburg PA, Richmond VA and next week New orleans....sweeeeet !

I stayed in NEW last year during mardi gras.....but i don't think it qualifies as exiting since i work back side of the clock and therefore was ready to drink when everybody already passed out
mad.gif

My last trip was:

Day 1:
DFW-CVG-MCI

Day 2:
MCI-SLC-DEN-SLC

Day 3:
SLC-SJC-SLC-SAT

Day 4:
SAT-SLC-DFW

My last trip was around the traffic pattern about 15 times with a student!
tongue.gif

As for long trips, I did a trip to Peoria, IL in a 210 a couple months ago, and a couple weekends ago, flew one of our 182's (a nice, almost new one!) up to Rottenchester, NY to see family for Memorial Day weekend. Nothing significant, I know. Lately I'm lucky if I fly at all.
frown.gif

God why would you go to Perioria?
tongue.gif

Once again...boss made me. I just sat in the FBO all day. It looked like a rather boring place anyways.
smirk.gif

I did get to see a KC-135 (I think) do some touch & goes though- that was pretty cool.

And I got the "what the hell are you doing here" look from a few corporate crews- that wasn't so cool. Not one of them even said so much as a hello. I felt 3 inches tall. I was doing the same thing they were, just in a humbler airplane I guess.
crazy.gif

Don't feel bad, because no one in Peoria has any right giving you the "what the hell are you doing here" look. Reality check. It's Perioia. One step up from Decatur! Ugggggg. Want a dive of a town check out Decatur once (and you'll only need once).
smirk.gif

(I grew up and lived in Southern Illinois most of my life having only recently moved here to the land of "Holy $h*t it's hot").

This past month was routine for the most part, up and down the east coast. I started out at Witchata for refresher training at Flight Safety and had day trips to Lexington, KY Dayton, OH Baltimore, MD Newburg, NY North Wilkes Boro, NC St. Petersburg, FL Terre Haute, IN Atlanta, GA Agusta, GA Charleston, SC Pittsburg, PA Harrisburg, PA Dallas, TX. This month I was scheduled for a military flight to Puerto Rico and Barbados but my full time job has a conflict so I am now going to Prescott, AR and on to Orange County, CA. I like the variety of places.

No doubt about it, the corporate/fractional/135 guys see a lot more of the country. I could see myself enjoying that job much longer than the old hub and spoke. But since pay factors into the equation as well, if given the choice, the one that paid the most would make me happiest.

My last trip was coming home from the polo club, in my car!

I fly between Seattle and Vancouver, BC. 40 minutes block and 25 minute flight. All day flying, though, which is rate for UPS.

[ QUOTE ]
My last trip was:

Day 1:
DFW-CVG-MCI

Day 2:
MCI-SLC-DEN-SLC

[/ QUOTE ]

So how did KC treat you Doug? I absolutely love this town. A lot of people say that people in KC are so nice. I guess that they don't come around these parts much.
grin.gif
By the way, for those of you uneducated people, KC is not just a bunch of cow farms. I live in a regular house w/out a farm around for at least 20 miles.

About two weeks ago flew from MDW to West Bend, Wisconsin to visit Cedarburg wtih my girlfriend. Now I'm in Charlotte, NC until Saturday evening. Any ideas what I should do? Kinda bored...

I'll be at a wedding in Charlotte on Saturday. You should come crash it!!!! Even though I only live hours from CLT I have never really been there much. Only enough to know the sports teams suck (Panthers and former Hornets) and that I-77 is a HUGE parking lot come rush hour. So guess I will see this weekend what the queen city is all about.

This week:
TEB-SMO
SMO-SFO
SFO-MMTO (Toluca, Mex)
MMTO-BRO

BRO-SEA
SEA-TUS
TUS-HOU

In one day last week we went from BDL-DAB-BFI-VNY
cool.gif

You went to VNY and YOU DIDN'T SAY "HI!" The coffee's even free here!!!!!

One recent week all in CA:
FAT-BFL (maintenance ferry)
BFL-BFL (student)
BFL-PTV-BFL (student)
BFL-Ukiah-all over creation near Ukiah-Watsonville-BFL (C.A.P.)
BFL-RAL-TOA-BFL (parts run)
BFL-VNY-SBA-BFL-VNY (new cylinder burn-in)
BFL-VNY-CMA-VNY (parts run)

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Tomorrow I start:

(Today commute from PHX to DFW on Mesa Flt 6543)
(a)
DFW-ATL-DCA-ATL-CMH

(b)
CMH-ATL-MSY

(c)
MSY-DFW-CVG-SAT

(d)
SAT-CVG-DFW
(Commute from DFW to PHX on ????)

Back