Where do FedEx feeder pilots sit MEM sort?

That's why their costs are higher. FedEx should play them off one another like mainline does with the regionals. That would lower costs.
FedEx isn't stupid. They know that if you want a consistent reliable operation, you have to pay for quality personnel.

Most of their feeder pilots are former UPS feeder pilots. The ones that can do the job consistently and safely cut their teeth at Martinaire or Ameriflight, and then transferred to Barron or Empire. UPS has eaten the cost of training 5 pilots to get that one professional, and the chaos that ensued when those wannabe freight dogs couldn't cut the mustard.

FedEx isn't stupid. They know that if you want a consistent reliable operation, you have to pay for quality personnel.

Most of their feeder pilots are former UPS feeder pilots. The ones that can do the job consistently and safely cut their teeth at Martinaire or Ameriflight, and then transferred to Barron or Empire. UPS has eaten the cost of training 5 pilots to get that one professional, and the chaos that ensued when those wannabe freight dogs couldn't cut the mustard.

Uhhh... UPS doesn't eat the cost of anything feeder related. If the feeder pilots of their contracted feeders vote with their feet, then that's a cost the feeder has to deal with. Now, if we get a flow through for our feeders, that would change things.

UPS doesn't eat the cost of anything feeder related. If the feeder pilots of their contracted feeders vote with their feet, then that's a cost the feeder has to deal with.

Not directly, but the costs of pilot turnover are passed along to UPS though the feeder's contracts.

Not to mention the inconsistent service that comes from having inexperienced flight crews, or planes that don't have GPS and have to bypass airports that only have GPS approaches..

Of course all this is a drop in the bucket compared to what UPS does to themselves. The amount of money wasted because of decisions made in Louisville is truely mind boggling. Nothing like chartering a Falcon to fly freight when it would have been faster to throw the boxes in a truck.

Not directly, but the costs of pilot turnover are passed along to UPS though the feeder's contracts.

Not to mention the inconsistent service that comes from having inexperienced flight crews, or planes that don't have GPS and have to bypass airports that only have GPS approaches..

Of course all this is a drop in the bucket compared to what UPS does to themselves. The amount of money wasted because of decisions made in Louisville is truely mind boggling. Nothing like chartering a Falcon to fly freight when it would have been faster to throw the boxes in a truck.

Or no trucks and/or drivers available or teamsters contract prohibiting such things. But as a feeder pilot, you've got all the answers, that's why you are so high up the totem pole.

Fedex=airline with some trucks. UPS=idiots with some airplanes. I've never felt more embarrassed for a company in my life.
That's what I've seen as well. Fedex = professional airline. UPS = truckers.
Not to say the UPS flight crews are not professionals at all. But the management. LOL.

That's what I've seen as well. Fedex = professional airline. UPS = truckers.
Not to say the UPS flight crews are not professionals at all. But the management. LOL.

Yep. Those ole truckers are FOUR times as profitable as those flyboys in Memphis.

Where I'm looking, I'll take 120k starting with being home every night while flying things that are faster and prettier to better destinations.

Are you serious right now? You got into aviation for the money??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Where I'm looking, I'll take 120k starting with being home every night while flying things that are faster and prettier to better destinations.

Are you serious right now? You got into aviation for the money??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I did. And I'm in it ONLY for the money. And I make quite good money and have quite a good QOL. So the jokes on YOU.
OBTW, I fly the slowest and ugliest jet in our fleet.

Back