Where could a guy get a shorts 360 type?

FlightSafety has a Shorts sim in LGA so I'm guessing they could do a type rating. No idea about cost or anything though.

Why would you want to pay for a Shorts type rating? It should be paid for you and those paying for it should know where to get one.

Good post Seggy.

I was going to say at a Shorts operator when you upgrade.

Why would you want to pay for a Shorts type rating? It should be paid for you and those paying for it should know where to get one.

A place I'm looking at wants you to pay for half of the cost. You guys fail to see the predicament I'm in with being a young un'. I can't upgrade at a lot of places because of my age, and I am not about to sit in the right seat of an RJ for 3 years at minimum wage. I want to fly cool stuff, and I want to be able to progress, however, I need to figure out a way to do that that allows me to go to college at some decent speed. Therefore I am often forced to look for less conventional ways to do things.

You are in no predicament.

Instead of paying for half a type, use that money and get your CFI, CFII, and MEI.

Ask Citationkid (he's 19 so has four years before he can upgrade) about it...

http://forums.jetcareers.com/pictures-from-the-road/74419-laid-off-new-job.html

I'm getting my CFI, but I don't need it for building time. I'll be over 2000TT before I go anywhere else right now, I just don't want to drive 207s around for the next three years, and the market for moving into corporate like the citationkid had down in the lower 48 does not exist up here. Got to figure something out.

Then figure out a way to move down to the lower 48 and move down here for a corporate job.

Then figure out a way to move down to the lower 48 and move down here for a corporate job.

Hence potentially buying a shorts type and moving back to Hawaii. It would all be good, but I just am not entirely sure the direction I should take right now, because I am not entirely sure of where I want to end up. Plus I have to find a corporate gig down there, not easy at the moment (though I am always looking ;) ). Not that it really matters, I don't want to spend 14k on a type either, just looking for options.

First officer pay:
25 hrs/mo = $24,339
40 hrs/mo = $26,544
60 hrs/mo = $29,484
80 hrs/mo = $32,424

Captain pay:
25 hrs/mo = $42,549
40 hrs/mo = $47,274
60 hrs/mo = $53,574
80 hrs/mo = $59,874

Plus $45/day per diem

First officer pay:
25 hrs/mo = $24,339
40 hrs/mo = $26,544
60 hrs/mo = $29,484
80 hrs/mo = $32,424

Captain pay:
25 hrs/mo = $42,549
40 hrs/mo = $47,274
60 hrs/mo = $53,574
80 hrs/mo = $59,874

Plus $45/day per diem

Not bad at all if the upgrade was quick enough, but who knows these days.

um, slow down, you have a lot of chances to build a career. it doesn't have to be done before you turn 23?

um, slow down, you have a lot of chances to build a career. it doesn't have to be done before you turn 23?

Nobody who's any older is slowing down, I'm having the time of my life flying, but I want to continue to progress, I don't want to just stay static.

I've been in aviation since I was 12 (through CAP), and have been flying since I got a job (15) how far along did you want to be when you'd have been in field for 11 years?

Nobody who's any older is slowing down, I'm having the time of my life flying, but I want to continue to progress, I don't want to just stay static.

I've been in aviation since I was 12 (through CAP), and have been flying since I got a job (15) how far along did you want to be when you'd have been in field for 11 years?
not sure :) somewhere that makes me enough to pay my bills. i sure as hell won't be paying for a type to progress. I will be doing my ATP license before the end of the year, and if that doesn't make me a little more marketable, well then f 'em, they didn't need me anyway. I am a firm believer in if it is meant to be, it will happen.

oh, and I am 25, and been flying since '02, so 6 years now ;)

Back