Where are all the "FEBOTS" heading?

I am headed to Cleveland Center. I did a drive by yesterday and I am a little disappointed. I had visited the Atlanta TRACON and it was state of the art. I was expecting something similar and they are extremely different. Maybe the inside has been renovated, but it looked very old from the outside.

The surrounding area was nothing to get excited about either. Perhaps I was not looking in the right places. (Any Suggestions?)

What are you wanting suggestions for? Are you not wanting to go because of the building? I guess you could decline and reapply.

I am headed to Cleveland Center. I did a drive by yesterday and I am a little disappointed. I had visited the Atlanta TRACON and it was state of the art but it's also 40+ years newer . I was expecting something similar and they are extremely different. Maybe the inside has been renovated, but it looked very old from the outside.

The surrounding area was nothing to get excited about either. Perhaps I was not looking in the right places. (Any Suggestions?) Read my above post, they're all the same. It's not glamorous, but it's the job, not the building that we/you covet.

Heh heh!! I'm just that good!! :crazy: Wish I knew exactly where they were sending me, unfortunately all the e-mail said was somewhere in the state of Utah. D'OH!! (Hoping for SLC though...)

Well, considering there are only two FAA towers in Utah, SLC and Ceder City, I would say you chances are pretty good you will get SLC.....

Well, considering there are only two FAA towers in Utah, SLC and Ceder City, I would say you chances are pretty good you will get SLC.....

That's where I figure I'll be based at. Cedar City wouldn't be too horrible, have family down that way, but currently live in the Salt Lake area.

Hey all. I am going to a terminal somewhere in Indiana. HOPEFULLY IND cuz I can't go to a small town tower. Chicago PEPC

Hey all. I am going to a terminal somewhere in Indiana. HOPEFULLY IND cuz I can't go to a small town tower. Chicago PEPC

BTW, i noticed you've mentioned FWA a few times before, and so i figured I'd mention this to you-- I'm from FWA, even worked for the airlines there for 5 years, and it's really not a bad town. Especially in the last few years, it is REALLY growing fast in a good way. It's got dumpy areas, but the crime is really low, much lower than IND, and you CAN NOT beat the housing prices anywhere in the united states. (except maybe SBN but that town is lame, sorry ND fans). Of course, I was born in Indy and love the city, but FWA isnt a bad alternative. If you have any questions feel free to msg me about it.

I know its not a bad town. Fort Wayne is a nice place and I'm sorry if I have implied that. I just really want to stay in town. My family/friend base is here and I coach here. There is a lot of extra curricular stuff I have going on here that I REALLY don't want to give up. If i absolutely had to then of course I would. Then I would have to sell the house, find a replacement coach, etc. etc.

I know its not a bad town. Fort Wayne is a nice place and I'm sorry if I have implied that.

Nope, I didnt interpret it that way at all, in fact I'm not really interested in going back, hahaha! I just figured I'd offer some encouragement just in case that ended up being your option. I have alot of friends there, and it's a great town, but for me it's time to move on (which I did 3 yrs ago). If for some reason we end up needing to go back to Indiana, we would go to Indy. (and get season tickets to the colts and live happily ever after. . .)

Might what to double check this, I don't think Ceder City is FAA. I believe the only FAA facilities in the state are ZLC, SLC, and S56.

Might what to double check this, I don't think Ceder City is FAA. I believe the only FAA facilities in the state are ZLC, SLC, and S56.

:yeahthat:

I'm only seeing ZLC, SLC, S56, and OGD(part time tower?) as FAA facilities in Utah.

ZFW hoping to get into the chicago PEPC. Originally emailed requesting the memphis one, but after seeing that all flights from KC to memphis went through either DFW or ORD, i decided that I might as well just go to the chicago one. Let's hope that I didn't screw it up and confuse the FAA more by sending another email requesting the chicago PEPC and telling them I didn't want memphis.

ALL ARTCC's are old/decrepit/nasty and a health hazard. ZTL ARTCC has had a history of sickness due to asbestos. I was there a few months ago and you could see black moldy tiles, broken tiles, water stained area from where the roof leaks. The roof leaks sooooooooo bad that controllers have had to use umbrellas WHILE they work traffic.

Good Luck. cough.cough.
http://www.natca.org/assets/Documents/legislationcenter/HouseTestimony7.24.07.pdf

ZSE has a fairly new DSR room. I did a tour last month and it's pretty nice. Raised floor, decent carpet. We saw the old 40's era room they used to be in... geez, I can't imagine working in there.

Back