What's Your Favorite Type Of Aircraft?

Re: What\'s Your Fav. Airport?

http://www.kournikova.com/
wink.gif
grin.gif

Dan

Favorite plane WAS the L1011. Shame DAL retired them.

NOW?? Hmmmm - I'd have to say the 737, 757 and 747.

I live in the same town of Keith Hoskins, a former blue angel

As for planes, I like anything boeing or MD

Re: What\'s Your Favorite Type Of Aircraft?

1. ANYTHING on floats
2. 757
3. Lockheed Constellation. I'm involved with an organization that restored a Connie, a Martin 404, and is restoring a DC-3 currently. The Connie, resplendent in TWA colors, is simply amazing. I work in marketing for them and feel very lucky to get to spend time each week in the hangar with that amazing plane and the VERY lucky pilots who get to fly it to the airshows. I'm signed up to crew an airshow myself (help give tours, sell merchandise, etc) and hope I get a chance to fly on it before season's end!

Sarah

SR-71 blackbird -> none better baby! mach 3 is all I have to say about that
shocked.gif

Anything with a tailwheel and lot's of aluminum, fabric or horsepower - if it's got all three even better!
grin.gif

Seriously, I also like the DC-9 (and it's siblings).

Oh, incase anyone hasn't heard ... the only flying HE-111 (it was based at the AZ CAF Wing which is on the SW corner of "my" airport not 200 yards from our tie down) crashed a couple weeks ago in Wyomming killing the crew and destroying the aircraft. What a tradgedy.
frown.gif

Nothing beats a gorgeous 747. I love that bubble on the fuselage. I know it won't be the biggest soon, but it will still be my favorite.

My favorite older airplanes would have to be:

-DC-3

-Constellation (my old boss used to be an FE on one, he gave me my own personal tour of the one at Oshkosh a few years ago- the regular tour guide guy just sat there in awe, it was great!
smile.gif
)

- P-51 (I'd loooove to get some stick time in one of those!)

747 and 777 all the way

I just love the heavy metal. Dont reatlly like the corporate jets at all. The smallest jet I can stand is probly a BAE 146 or CRJ. I like the small turboprops too.

I would like to fly an old open cockpit byplane some day.

Tom

Favorite airplane?

I'll probably go to "American Pilot Hell" for admitting this, but sadly, it's the A340:

a340.jpg

Strange....

Airbus...

Trees....

Oh the irony!

Back