Whats your favorite turbo prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommay85

Mines the Saab 340 in Mesaba colors. It just looks so cool.
cool.gif

[image]airliners.net/open.file?id=165848&WxsIERv=U2FhYiAzNDBCIFBsdXM%3D&WdsYXMg=TWVzYWJhIEFpcmxpbmVzIChOb3J0aHdlc3QgQWlybGluayk%3D&QtODMg=T3R0YXdhIC0gTWFjZG9uYWxkLUNhcnRpZXIgSW50ZXJuYXRpb25hbCAvIFVwbGFuZHMgKFlPVyAvIENZT1cgLyBDVVVQKQ%3D%3D&ERDLTkt=Q2FuYWRhIC0gT250YXJpbw%3D%3D&ktODMp=QXByaWwgMjgsIDIwMDE%3D&BP=0&WNEb25u=Sm9obiBEYXZpZXM%3D&xsIERvdWdsY=TjQyN1hK&MgTUQtODMgKE=Q24gNDI3LCBvbiBmaW5hbCBmb3IgcnVud2F5IDMyLg%3D%3D&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=ODQx&NEb25uZWxs=MjAwMS0wNS0yNg%3D%3D&static=yes[/image]

Favorite turboprop that I've ever flown - toss up between the Dash 8 and Starship but I'd probably have to go with the Starship.

Jason

I've never flown a turbo prop, but I've always liked the looks of all of the Piper Cheyennes.

Speaking of the Beech Starship, I've heard they were going to the incinerator. Any truth to this?

hey thanks Mahesh. I tried about 4 times trying to get it to work.

I just think the saab is a fun plane and looks really cool in NW airlink colors especially when in clean configuration flying over you a little off from being straight over head.

If they got paid more I would definetly settle into that. Mabey not though, I think I would like flying the heavy metal better.
cool.gif

Tom

Ummmm.... I doubt they will actually destroy them but yes the Starship program is about to end. As of last summer there were only a handful(maybe half a dozen) of Starships that were owned by someone other than Raytheon. Raytheon has been pursuing a strategy of buying back (through trade ins primarily) all of the Starships and plan to park the entire fleet so they(Raytheon) don't have to spend the money necessary to support the fleet. Raytheon claims that with such a small fleet - only 53 ever produced - it's more cost effective to dispose of the entire program rather than support it. It's too bad - the Starship is an amazing airplane that was about 10 years too early or 5 years too late depending on your view. It's no secret that the Starship has never been a money maker for Beechcraft/Raytheon but it did provide a huge amount of engineering knowledge that helped Raytheon make future projects a reality. There were many, many outside influences that unfortunatley led to the demise of the Starship program and if you're really interested in the long version of the story I'll make a new post and try to explain it.

Jason

EMB-120 Brasilia, without a doubt. I usually fly on SkyWest. Great service and scheduling. Second place would be Saab-340

The only turboprop I have flown is a US Airways Express DHC-8 from CLT to JAX. It's cool because the main gear is right outside the window underneath the engine, and you can watch the gear retract and lower, and watch the tire make contact with the runway.

I loved almost every minute of my 1200 hours in the DHC 8. It's not fast, it doesn't carry 50 people, etc etc but it does what it was designed to do brilliantly - awesome airplane.

Jason

My faveorite would have to be the King Air 350. Hard to explain why, but if I were to fly corperate, I would love to fly that plane!

Wow - this thread reads almost like my resume! I am type rated in the King Air 350 and flew it for about 400 hours over an 18 month period. By far the best all around corporate turboprop I've ever flown. I would take the 350 over many of the smaller jets.

Jason

I've never flown a Turboprop,but I have to say that the King Air is my favorite. The Bumblebee buzz of a King Air's Turboprop engines is soooo cool.....
cool.gif

Mark P.

Dash 8 Q400.

Damn thing looks like a pencil with wings, but I think it's graceful as a swan. Plus, it's got all the newest boxes and buttons. Sweet.

The Super King Air B200 is a mighty fine biz prop. Never flown it but I've heard it's very stable.

My other favorite is the Pilatus PC-12.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Piper PA-48 Enforcer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez...that thing has more hard points than an A-10.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/annex/an2.htm

"Piper" and "Attack" just don't sound right together. Looks like it would be a blast to fly, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I wish the USAF had bought these. Would've been a blast to fly......nice move up from the Saratoga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back