Whats your favorite turbo prop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to say the Dornier 328. It's a sweet looking airplane with a sweet flight deck. I miss flying on them to Pittsburgh.
smirk.gif

The only turboprop I've actually flown is the B1900C. Great machine to fly and I've enjoyed the 1300 hrs I've spent in it.
I had a ride in a Conquest, and that thing is fast!! Its the ferrari of 1970's turboprops IMHO.

These days, I'd love to get my hands on a PC12.

I love the SAAB 340. Whenever I go to Toledo I make sure I get to ride the Northwest Airlink SAAB340. I also like the Dash-8 as thats the turboprop I've spent the most time in flying from PHF-CLT many times. I wish turboprops would stick around longer but for some reason customers see them as "old technology" and "unsafe" compared to jets. Oh well.

Rob

I have a few hours in a C-441 Conquest with a dash 10 conversion. Fun plane to fly, and it really is fast.

""old technology" and "unsafe""

They forget that turboprops, atleast the smaller ones, give the best rides!.

Get on a 1900 being the only passenger (or one of two) and you'll get a ride
cool.gif

Hello Minuteman,

Damn...that prop looks huge! Makes you wonder if it can do a 2-point landing or even rotate during take-off. Maybe it's limited to 3-point t/o's and landings.

Thanks for the photo,

JR

King Air's are the only turboprops I have experience in, so I'd have to say King Air's I guess. These airplanes are a pleasure to fly. From forever long strips like LAX to hopping in and out of tiny dirt strips in Mexico, the King Air line is the turboprop of choice. I've loaded those things up with so much crap, you wouldn't believe it! Excellent design.

Probably the C-425, I have flown a 421 and what a blast that thing was!! The aircraft just looks good!!

TUPOLEV TU-95 BEAR!!!!

4 Turbines with 12,000 HP each.

8 Counter rotating props. 16 feet in diameter.

575 mph!

Yee-Hah!!

(Just don't let Ripper or any of my SAC buddies know that I like that Russkie plane!
wink.gif
)

I've never flown in one, but in a couple of weeks I'll be riding in a big sky airlines fairchild metro III for about 5 or 6 hours. I'm looking forward to it a lot, but should I bring earplugs? I hear they are incredibly loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back