Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
I'd really hate to be that guy.

1663631878185.png

Untitled.png

1663632270493.png

Date:18-SEP-2022
Time:
Type:
Silhouette image of generic A320 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Airbus A320-232
Owner/operator:Jet Blue
MSN:1557
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants:
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:Minor
Category:Incident
N.gif
United States of America
Phase:Taxi
Nature:Passenger - Scheduled
Departure airport:New York-La Guardia Airport, NY (LGA/KLGA)
Destination airport:Jacksonville International Airport, FL (JAX/KJAX)
Confidence Rating:
CR3.svg
Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Narrative:
JetBlue flight JBU2339, an Airbus A320-232, was taxiing when an SUV collided with it at LaGuardia Airport (LGA/KLGA), New York. The vehicle was reportedly not occupied and rolled into the aircraft.
No injuries reported. The flight was cancelled.

Last edited:
Florida drivers suck too, but when in doubt, power out!

Heard that but didn’t know the crew was on board.

Reminds me of Joe Petrona

True story, this movie is why I became an ATC’er.

Last edited:
Florida drivers suck too, but when in doubt, power out!

NY drivers, particularly LI and NYC are the worst drivers I’ve ever experienced. Florida is terrible too, but then half of them are from NY.

We’ve been over this, but statistically that’s not true. The worst drivers tend to be in rural states.

People always think drivers from neighboring states are the worst. When I lived in southern Wisconsin it seemed like Illinois drivers were the worst. Here in New Jersey the worst drivers seem to have New York or Pennsylvania license plates. But I think it's a cognitive bias because out of state license plates stand out more.

People always think drivers from neighboring states are the worst. When I lived in southern Wisconsin it seemed like Illinois drivers were the worst. Here in New Jersey the worst drivers seem to have New York or Pennsylvania license plates. But I think it's a cognitive bias because out of state license plates stand out more.
Nope. Joisians are the worst.

PA drivers just sit in the left lane with their left blinker on. NYC drivers don’t know what to do when corners aren’t 90 degrees and the speed limit is above 25. LI drivers trying to merge is like watching a baby trying to put the square peg in the round hole. NJ drivers are fast and aggressive and among the elite of the nation.

We’ve been over this, but statistically that’s not true. The worst drivers tend to be in rural states.

Eh, that’s cause they use fatalities per 100k to measure and in rural states your access to emergency response is much longer which results in higher fatalities, whereas the same accident in a more dense area you would get help in time. And then somewhere like NYC you have a way way higher amount of accidents per mile driven but you’re not going fast enough for any of them to be fatal unless a pedestrian was involved.

Clearly this wasn’t a Signature Flight Support vehicle. Their triple brake check prior to parking would’ve caught this.

Eh, that’s cause they use fatalities per 100k to measure and in rural states your access to emergency response is much longer which results in higher fatalities, whereas the same accident in a more dense area you would get help in time. And then somewhere like NYC you have a way way higher amount of accidents per mile driven but you’re not going fast enough for any of them to be fatal unless a pedestrian was involved.
Not really. Obviously miles driven is hard to nail down but even when that’s taken into account along with other stats i remember the Deep South and rural west were still on the bottom.

Just because they are idiots, doesn't mean they are a statistic. Eventually it'll catch up with them.
But like…on average, it doesn’t that’s what statistics mean. Our impressions on the road mean diddly squat, because often they’re colored by us personally being incompetent drivers. And when you look at it with an unbiased lens, the crowded states do quite well, and the Deep South and mountain west are terrible. Especially considering how un challenging their driving conditions tend to be.

Everyone thinks they're a good driver, otherwise they wouldn't drive. I was talking to my 15 year old niece on Sunday and we were discussing her driving, I asked if she's any good at it and she said her mom isn't as nervous as she used to be, I thought that's progress? I asked what sort of car did she thing she'd actually have as a first car, she said it would probably be some cheap beater because everyone crashes their first car. I stopped the conversation and asked to speak to her mom. She will be attending the Skip Barber Racing teen driver course at Road Atlanta before she gets her license. People say I'm a bad uncle, I bought her brother a drum set, maybe that's why.

PA drivers just sit in the left lane with their left blinker on. NYC drivers don’t know what to do when corners aren’t 90 degrees and the speed limit is above 25. LI drivers trying to merge is like watching a baby trying to put the square peg in the round hole. NJ drivers are fast and aggressive and among the elite of the nation.

I'll put my NYS driving skills (mid-Hudson Valley) up against anyone.

Of course, we'll have to do it soon before I surrender my license as the years add up;) I'm happy ... over-joyed, honestly ... to have gone from driving 400 miles/week, or so, to MAYBE 10.

Everyone thinks they're a good driver, otherwise they wouldn't drive.
We don’t agree on that much, but on this we do. Except I know I’m not a good driver. You can’t drive as little as I do in the low-pressure environment I do and not get rusty. I harbor no delusions about it.

We don’t agree on that much, but on this we do. Except I know I’m not a good driver. You can’t drive as little as I do in the low-pressure environment I do and not get rusty. I harbor no delusions about it.
I'm just happy she actually wants to drive because many people her age don't care. My dad isn't around anymore to teach her and I live on the other side of the country. She'll probably never know the thrill of manipulating a manual transmission attached to a V8 but hopefully the instructors at Skips school will teach her about car dynamics, avoiding a skid and steering into it if it does happen, the fact that you can steer around an issue rather than stomping on the brakes and many other things in a controlled enviroment. It's easy money to spend when I consider getting another one of those phone calls.

Back