What's up with the FAA?

IslandFlyer

Did they finally go digital? I took my Commercial ride on the 15th and received my plastic today...the 29th. Only two weeks for this one to come in the mail. I think it was about 3 months for my private as well as my instrument.

Either they finally got a computer or they're keeping a close eye on me. :crazy:

yeah, I was issued an initial cfi on the 6th of march and got it about a month later, still faster than I expected, then today I went in for my new medical and I just got a sheet of paper to cut out on my own... I guess that part has gone totally digital. :panic:

Did they finally go digital? I took my Commercial ride on the 15th and received my plastic today...the 29th. Only two weeks for this one to come in the mail. I think it was about 3 months for my private as well as my instrument.

Either they finally got a computer or they're keeping a close eye on me. :crazy:
Took almost 3 months for my A&P. Passed the test in Nov and got it in Feb.
PPL and Instrument I ahve no idea...too long ago.

I have noticed on the last six months or so since flight training has drastically slowed down, that my students are getting their cards much sooner than they did in the past. I assumed it was that they were not as flooded with new certificates.

I have noticed on the last six months or so since flight training has drastically slowed down, that my students are getting their cards much sooner than they did in the past. I assumed it was that they were not as flooded with new certificates.

Don't tell ATP about the slowdown of pilot applicants, It'll prove their statement of the pilot 'shortage' in the U.S. :D

Well as of last June I was told the FAA had received and was using a new system to process licenses. I know for awhile they were backed up in 60-90 days worth of paperwork. It sounds like they may have gotten caught up.

Glad to here and at least one gov't office is halfway effecient.

I find that interesting, because I applied for a new cert at the beginning of March, and I still don't have the plastic one. Nor is the change listed on the faa.gov airman search. Come on, I need to be "English proficient"!

I find that interesting, because I applied for a new cert at the beginning of March, and I still don't have the plastic one. Nor is the change listed on the faa.gov airman search. Come on, I need to be "English proficient"!

I would call the airman certification branch in OKC, they may be able to help. It seems like it fell through the cracks.

Back