What's the plan DCA (HF)??

Re: What\'s the plan DCA (HF)??

Um, Gaston dumped a bunch of water on the Carolinas and Hermine meandered off to Massachusetts without ado.

My wife and I were joking Ivan would hit the southern tip of the state and make a bee-line north. Just in case Charley or Frances missed anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

No Fabio, I haven't been there. I didn't stay in Lake Mary during this, went to a friend's near UCF and it wasn't bad there at all. Driving home today it seemed to be much worse with the trees and debris, just glad to hear all the buildings are ok. I might head in tomorrow just to look around since maint. will be there, if I do, will keep ya posted.

[ QUOTE ]
For those wondering, the school will be closed until power returns (hopefully by Wed) except for maint. dept which will return tomorrow morning (Wed).

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps.. I meant maint will get back in there tomorrow which is Tues not Wed. Yes, normally I know my days of the week. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You ask who I am? Just a disgruntled ex student that finally saw the light. I started at that school back before delta put their name on it and I noticed a 180 degree switch in how that place operated. That place brainwashes you into thinking that they are the only way to get a job. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Sorry I rained on your parade. It's funny how they changed the rules yet again regarding CFII. When I was there if you got hired they paid for it. Now you have to pay for it then interview. It's all about money with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you always had to pay for the CFII. That course is the cheapest anyways and you need it with or without DCA. It was like $2k and change for me +FAA. I don't think they ever paid for your CFII. Why would they? You can explain it to me while you pay my lunch.

But I am glad you did not have to pay for it... apparently because you saw the light.

Talking about light... just got the power back like 2 hours ago here in N Broward. It was very romantic with candles and red wine.

People gots to chill, sheesh!

You guys fight over carbonated cola products and I take the hit for it.

Kung pao chicken for everyone! Mellow, mellow!

Well it seems that only us in maintenace get to work today. Luckily we bought two generators(had to fly the Seneca all the way up to GA to get them!), to keep fans powered as well as lighting. Now I just need my instructor to get back, so I can get back to business.

Well it seems that only us in maintenace get to work today. Luckily we bought two generators(had to fly the Seneca all the way up to GA to get them!), to keep fans powered as well as lighting. Now I just need my instructor to get back, so I can get back to business. Swung by the campus yesterday, to check the damage. No outside damage that I could see. I'm sure the hangar breakroom got flooded again.

Back