What you wished you'd known before taking the AT-SAT

Hello

Did anyone else purchase the Pertersons Master the AT-SAT study guide? Is it me of was that a wast of money. I take my test tomorrow and that book did not help me prep for thet test at all.

I wish I would have know that people would be blurting out swear words....every so often..after crashing a plane into a wall.

I was on the section before the simulated atc..and I hear OH Shiat on my right. Then...30 seconds later I hear it on my left...

it was like turrets syndrome everywhere...

haha yeah same thing here... maybe it's just those illinois testers :p

...when a new hire was asked at the tower the other day, "what kind of plane is that" (a B747 , and easily recognizable) the trainee said "fixed wing". I realize it is an aptitude test and we have had to dumb down the system because of the affairs the FFAA has put us in, but come on "a fixed wing".

So, what... you mean the wing was duct taped back on or something?

Just kidding.

Hi I just got back from my test, where would I find my test score on ASAP and how long will it take to show up?

BX, your score will be on the home page. It will say ****NOTICE Regarding AT-SAT Score****. I got my score a couple of days after I took the test, but I have heard of some people who have had to wait longer than that.

Hi I just got back from my test, where would I find my test score on ASAP and how long will it take to show up?

I tested on Monday and still haven't received my score yet. Hopefully the post today or we may have wait until Monday or after! I am going stir crazy waiting for mine :panic:

Last Thursday I called aviation careers and they said the AT-SAT test scores from last week should be posted Friday (8/15/08). I called today to find out when they should be posted and the lady said a couple of weeks.:banghead: Just wanted to let those of us who tested last week know what they said today!

Last Thursday I called aviation careers and they said the AT-SAT test scores from last week should be posted Friday (8/15/08). I called today to find out when they should be posted and the lady said a couple of weeks.:banghead: So much for consistency. I understand they are busy, but waiting for the test results is worse than waiting to take it!!!!

Chill please :)

Someone posted on the PUBNAT3 thread that he took the test on 8/4 and just got his score today (8/18)

Chill please :)

Someone posted on the PUBNAT3 thread that he took the test on 8/4 and just got his score today (8/18)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to rant, just wanted to post what they had told me for BX172 and others who also took the test last week.

Last Thursday I called aviation careers and they said the AT-SAT test scores from last week should be posted Friday (8/15/08). I called today to find out when they should be posted and the lady said a couple of weeks.:banghead: Just wanted to let those of us who tested last week know what they said today!

Yep. You'll hear something different every time, so... don't put too much stock into what one person there says when it comes to timing. Back in June I had one lady tell me that we wouldn't get an AT-SAT invite for several months. The same day, another one told me I could expect it in a week. Took about a month and a half, so... just keeping checking into ASAP.

"What you wished you'd known before taking the AT-SAT."

That I could have found, online, what the test is all about. I found out there was stuff online when I was chatting with people at lunch during the AT-SAT. It really is nothing to worry about, you get 8hrs from start to finish (clock does not stop) and even at a mind numbing slow pace you can knock it would in far less time than is alloted.

Back