What to get for christmas....

That's almost as bad as driving 75 south and seeing all of those "See Ruby Falls!" "See Crystal City!" billboards!

Only in America! I love this country!!
smile.gif

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Numbers...

my roomate says:

"The time I spent to study quantum mechanics would pay off some day when I become an engineer to build the following" (he the referred me to this web page)

ooops... there go the tax dollars:

"We are applying for research funding to develop a testbed and evaluation methodology."

Haha, IF ONLY. I've been applying to the NIH for a grant for my epitope-antigen project for the past months, and I still haven't passed muster. I could just imagine competing against this!

[ QUOTE ]
That's almost as bad as driving 75 south and seeing all of those "See Ruby Falls!" "See Crystal City!" billboards!

[/ QUOTE ]
That's See ROCK City thankyouverymuch!!! Both of'em in my home town of Chatta-freakin'-nooga!!
grin.gif

B_37_01_sm.jpg

B_64_08_sm.jpg

gifts_large_birdhouse.jpg

(we - um...have one of these
grin.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's See ROCK City thankyouverymuch!!! Both of'em in my home town of Chatta-freakin'-nooga!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Well don't forget about the omnipresent "Wall Drug-Free Ice Water" signs that plaster the west, particularly on I-90.

I forgot about Ruby Falls and Rock City! I went there a few times with my parents when I was a kid. Ruby Falls was pretty cool being underground and all....

That's as good as the Holy Land Experience here in Orlando.

(Disclaimer: I'm religious, but not THAT religious.)

I've been to chattanooooooga many many times from the drive up north to fla (went to the battlefield museum, up on the train to the top (scared the bejesus outta me)... been to mammoth caves, cave of the mounds, wall drug... all those types of places.. wall drug was pretty interesting, i have to admit.. but i think the one where i really didn't want to get out of the car was at "the corn palace".... i was like "what is this and why are we here?" (you know.. teen years)... haha
grin.gif

but i always enjoy the "south of the border" billboards on I-95....

[ QUOTE ]
I've been to chattanooooooga many many times from the drive up north to fla (went to the battlefield museum,

[/ QUOTE ]
Chickamauga and/or Lookout Mountain/Missionary Ridge - VERY cool if you're into Civil War history! I make my pilgrimage out there every chance I get when I'm in CHA.

[ QUOTE ]
up on the train to the top (scared the bejesus outta me).

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah yes! The Incline.
cool.gif
My grandfather helped run the electric cable for that back in the day. Steep ain't it?
blush.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
what in gods name is drug-free ice water?

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

too funny.

The billboards say WALL DRUG (name of the place) - free ice water. Meaning Wall Drug has free ice water.
wink.gif

Sarah

DUH! of course - it would only make sense to those who know or have heard of wall drug...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what in gods name is drug-free ice water?

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif

too funny.

The billboards say WALL DRUG (name of the place) - free ice water. Meaning Wall Drug has free ice water.
wink.gif

Sarah

[/ QUOTE ]

Wall Drug built its whole business on free ice water. And driving across I-90 in the summer it's easy to see why, especially if you imagine it before most cars had AC.

I used to live in Wall. I gave helicopter rides over Badlands National Park from a concession at the Eastern Entrance to the Park, about twenty east of Wall.

[ QUOTE ]
but i think the one where i really didn't want to get out of the car was at "the corn palace".... i was like "what is this and why are we here?" (you know.. teen years)... haha

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I kinda still feel that way today. Mitchell, SD is a nice town though. If'n you're into small town America anyways...
laugh.gif

Back