What to do....

I got the email telling me I have been chosen for further consideration(at 3:31 eastern time on 10/11). The only problem is it is ZME -- in TN. In my geographic preferences I only put FL (for pubnat2, for pubnat1 I put FL and GA) and listed my choices in order in the comments box (1st choice was ZMA -- miami center). I also chose the terminal or enroute option. I don't know where the hell they got TN from. But my question is, what happens if I turn this one down? How far back will that put me? I have applied to pubnat1,2,4,5,6 (only missed pubnat3). Also I scored an 87.3 on the AT-SAT.

Memphis needs controllers and your preferences were just that... preferences. If you don't take it, you are looking at a LONG wait.

That's somewhat true Honopineapple, but even within the set careers of aviation there seems to be a lot of divorce, I don't know, maybe it comes with the territory.

I found this might help with the marriage if the wife is getting bored and going crazy alone at home, conspiring to have an affair or planning on leaving you for that cabana boy she met at the health club the other day..

www.nasca.com

The name even blends with NATCA!

If you want my .02 on marriage.. I'll put it this way.. After my last relationship and subsequent depression after it ended, I know now that I'll never allow myself to be vulnerable to the vagaries of the contemporary female ever again.

I love em, but I've never met one I can count on.:panic:

I'm kinda in the same boat and I am trying to get a hold of the HR rep that contacted me to get some questions answered. Does anyone know if there will be in today or will HR get the federal holiday off?

I found this might help with the marriage if the wife is getting bored and going crazy alone at home, conspiring to have an affair or planning on leaving you for that cabana boy she met at the health club the other day..

www.nasca.com

If you want my .02 on marriage.. I'll put it this way.. After my last relationship and subsequent depression after it ended, I know now that I'll never allow myself to be vulnerable to the vagaries of the contemporary female ever again.

Swinger International! Raydon, you have out done yourself this time. I don't know whether to degrade you or congratulate you.

Seriously however, after my last relationship, and the depression I am in. I am pulling myself off the market for a while, yes ladies I will still pop in time to time to pick on you, but it is completely harmless.

Swinger International! Raydon, you have out done yourself this time. I don't know whether to degrade you or congratulate you.

Seriously however, after my last relationship, and the depression I am in. I am pulling myself off the market for a while, yes ladies I will still pop in time to time to pick on you, but it is completely harmless.

I remember a study within the last year or two showing, believe it or not, that males take breaks up much harder than females do during a certain period of life. I want to say up through 30, but I can't remember. Teenage boys are far worse though about falling into deep depressions, I'll try to find the article, it was very interesting.

I remember a study within the last year or two showing, believe it or not, that males take breaks up much harder than females do during a certain period of life. I want to say up through 30, but I can't remember. Teenage boys are far worse though about falling into deep depressions, I'll try to find the article, it was very interesting.

It is possible. But I think I am taking it so hard because right now all I have is the now empty time where I used to hang out with my girlfriend. I normally don't fall into a moderate depression because normally I am working or have something else to occupy my time. All I have right now is my calender and I am ticking of the days until I get to OKC.

www.nasca.com

"Vagaries" - great word.

Trust me on this one -- you will be a d###-swinging cynic, and utterly content with your life, when the elusive "She" comes into the picture. And you'll be frightened, relieved, amazed, exhilarated, in denial, and every emotion under the sun within the course of five seconds.

My heart still soars when I hear my Husband's hand on the front doorknob...*sigh*.

Fear of the beatings? I kid, I know, that's not really funny, but it actually is.

Hey, I lol'd, but then again, the internet has desensitized me. Once you've seen someone hack off their own coital device, you really aren't ever surprised...

Thankfully, my Husband's a gentleman.

I got the email telling me I have been chosen for further consideration(at 3:31 eastern time on 10/11). The only problem is it is ZME -- in TN. In my geographic preferences I only put FL (for pubnat2, for pubnat1 I put FL and GA) and listed my choices in order in the comments box (1st choice was ZMA -- miami center). I also chose the terminal or enroute option. I don't know where the hell they got TN from. But my question is, what happens if I turn this one down? How far back will that put me? I have applied to pubnat1,2,4,5,6 (only missed pubnat3). Also I scored an 87.3 on the AT-SAT.

Hmmm... I can relate to you more than anyone else!

My story goes:

I applied for PUBNAT1. Took the test and got a 96.5. Geographic preferences came around and I chose FL and GA enroute only (was hoping for ZTL). I get the email telling me I've been selected for ZME. WTF?! I say to myself (yes, in letters not the actual words) and I call my HR Rep. She does her thing and arranges it to where I am able to go to ZTL (Atlanta Center) so I do my happy dance and get a call from some other lady in some other department also confirming my switch from ZME to ZTL. Mrs. Whoever then explains to me I was "inadvertenly" placed onto ZME when I was also on ZTL and was meant for ZTL the whole time. I go to the Memphis PEPC and get my TOL that says I will be going to ZTL and here's my salary and yadda yadda yadda following some fineprint that says "I cannot go anywhere else after signing this" basically. A few weeks later I get married (oh and on the day of my wedding I get a phone call letting me know my clearances have gone through), go on my honeymoon and await my FOL so I can finally start school. So I call my HR Rep to see where we are and I say something like "yah I'm just wondering when I'll get my FOL for ZTL" and she just replies with "you mean ZME" and I tell her "excuse me?" and she explains how my TOL has now been ammended to read ZME. So wondering to myself in various expletives "well when the **** were you gonna tell me!?" I ask what can I do and basically all I could do was decline the TOL and wait for the next pull from PUBNAT2 and cross my fingers I get ZTL.

*takes breath*

So I do just that, I had applied to PUBNAT1 2 and 4. I missed the others due to lazyness and forgetfullness. PUBNAT2 comes around, everyone is getting their emails so I call my Rep to find out where's my email. "You were not selected." she tells me.

So rather type a bunch more useless you-know-what I'll just say, I contact around 6 other people and they all said the same thing "Just keep trying, we have no control over who goes where."

That being said, I kinda wish I took ZME and could just transfer later down the road. It may be much later, but least I'd have the friggin' opportunity.

Oh and about PUBNAT4, not sure if anyone's heard this or can say otherwise, but in my slew of various phone calls... the head of all the HR Reps told me that PUBNAT 3 and 4 pulls will be at the same time in Jan. so at least I have that going for me since I missed 3.

Hmmm... I can relate to you more than anyone else!

My story goes:

*takes breath*

so at least I have that going for me since I missed 3.

So, what are you trying to say? :p

I play... that sux. Here's a hug, now go get wasted on hard liquor and take some FAA approved sleeping aide!

hug.jpg

So, what are you trying to say? :p

I play... that sux. Here's a hug, now go get wasted on hard liquor and take some FAA approved sleeping aide!

hug.jpg

Yah I'm enjoying some tequila vodka oj and cranberry right now actually. Surprised I typed that with no errors. Just shows my awesome pimp-master skill.

Back