What to do while on autopilot?

image.php

If you're flying in the wee hours of the night with an ADF you can turn on "Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. You can listen to all of the consipiracy theories about how the Aliens are responsible for getting Obama (the "Anti Christ" according to some of the callers on that show) elected.

You can also hear about how that particle accelerator thing is goign to creat a black hole ... or how it already has and we're now in an alternate universe.

...yeah, that's the single pilot fr8 dawg entertainment. :rolleyes:

-mini

If you're flying in the wee hours of the night with an ADF you can turn on "Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. You can listen to all of the consipiracy theories about how the Aliens are responsible for getting Obama (the "Anti Christ" according to some of the callers on that show) elected.

You can also hear about how that particle accelerator thing is goign to creat a black hole ... or how it already has and we're now in an alternate universe.

-mini

what's his frequency?

Watch for traffic.
Monitor gauges.
Pilotage.
Hand fly.

:yeahthat: minus pilotage. All of my flights are IFR.

ESPN Radio, or if your in the Northeast, WFAN.

And of course if you have a blackberry you can always try and top your high score in "brick breaker"... Unfortunately i've reached a plateau of 9650 and just cant seem to get over it =( hehe

:yeahthat: My high score is 9250.

To add to list

Mentally go over emergency procedures
Scenerio's -"If I have a problem right now where will I go and what will I do?"
Review the operation manual
Jepp Revisions
Reading
Take pictures
Test rarely used equipment such as deice equipment and oxygen mask.
Find things to squawk.
Do some of your best thinking.

I fly legs with durations of 5hrs+ sometimes. Fighting off boredom can be tough...especially when its coming to an end of a 14hr duty day/night/morning, you've been in cruise for 3hrs, theirs 2 more hours to go.

Logbook updates

Read the POH.
Review memory items.
Calculate your TAS/GS/Burn.
Review the FARs/AIM.

HAHAHA just kidding

Do as I do and just stare out the window and be frusturated that you forgot the newspaper and didn't bring anything to do. Or you could bring a lady, buddy, or your dog. Books are great as are newspapers. Ipods are fun for a little but I get sick of them after a couple hours. If you have an IPhone you can download a bunch of games and play those. Search for UFOs.

I get him on 1100 out of Cleveland, but I'm within 2 hours of CLE all night. YMMV.

They talk about how they get 38 states and 1/2 of Canada so maybe you can catch him.

They're waaaaaaaaaay out there.

-mini

Or 1200 anywhere between STL and BMH. Just from what i have heard.
I have the sports channels also if you want them.:D

-mini

Hey mini, do you fr8 dogs have a resource for AM stations around the country?

There used to be a 7-hole punched AM radio guide for sale.

I can't remember where though....

Or 1200 anywhere between STL and BMH. Just from what i have heard.
I have the sports channels also if you want them.:D

on a good night you can pick up 1200 WOAI as far west as SLC or possibly further. they pump a ton of power through that antenna in san antonio.

on a good night you can pick up 1200 WOAI as far west as SLC or possibly further. they pump a ton of power through that antenna in san antonio.

Absolutely! Good for picking up a Spurs game out here in Phoenix Suns country!

XM Radio on the Garmin 396 - 150 channels and you can even get the Playboy channel if you're subscribed (Allegedly!)

BP244

Back