What is the trade off?

Here's one MDW-MKE...

overcity.JPG

and the return...

skyline.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
We'd normally spend more time sightseeing than actually flying the aircraft!

[/ QUOTE ]

Delta Pilot Scares Thousands with Web Post
16-Dec-2003 0412 GMT

Scottsdale, AZ (AP) - Prominent jet pilot Doug Taylor, a first officer at Hotlanta-headquartered Widget Airlines, issued a disturbing and remarkable comment today on his cult-like website http://www.jetcareers.com.

Though historically guarded in any mention of "on the job" experiences, Mr. Taylor broke this trend when he prominently posted a telling statement on the normal working conditions for he and his fellow colleagues.

The exhort frighteningly characterizes modern cockpit crews as more interested in the passing scenery than in the operation of multimillion dollar aircraft and the safety of their passengers. Though a few vehement jetcareers.com groupies have lauded the remark as indicative of Mr. Taylor's striking sense of wit, well-paying passengers across the nation have been affronted by this whimsical revelation.

"I just can't believe those pilots can just lolly-gag about watching the Illinois lakefront for women or the passing countryside," says area resident Dr. Alan Smith. "I even heard they get paid $500,000 a year. All for what? To banter about and risk dropping from the sky? I'll never fly again, that's for darn sure."

Enrollments at several area schools for those afraid of commercial flights have slackened off drastically, as fears about safety conditions aloft have seemingly confirmed the suspicions of thousand air-paranoid passengers. "I've tried for years to soothe nervous passengers," commented Mrs. Helena Gutierrez, owner of Let Your Fears Take Flight LLC. "Now this one maverick first officer has gone and destroyed my business. I knew those guys were overpaid and underworked – but I never knew the true extent."

Calls to the Taylor estate went unanswered late Monday night, though one last-ditch attempt at soliciting a response from the instigator himself brought just one cryptic reply via e-mail: “You’ll have to wait for the book.” By all appearances, such a memoir would be dramatic and shocking indeed.

ESF, you sound like a guy who needs to kick back with a cold one. Allow me to be the first to treat at Dougfest 2004.

[ QUOTE ]
you sound like a guy who needs to kick back with a cold one

[/ QUOTE ]

So I've been told. Its alright though- those who know me know otherwise.

I sure hope nobody takes that article and runs with it though... that could be bad news! maybe put in there that "this is a joke... this is only a joke" hahaha
grin.gif

other than that, it does look like a real article and had me fooled for a second as to who i was gonna have to beat up!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Back