What is the smallest airplane...

Cri-Cri
images

Bumble Bee
images

They're experimental, however the time is still loggable (sp).

Could be considered centerline thrust like the f-18
(2) The civilian and military aircraft listed below have no minimum controllable airspeed (Vmc) established by the manufacturer. Other aircraft not listed below, and for which there is no published data on minimum controllable airspeed, are also restricted to center line thrust only.

(a) C-336 Cessna Skymaster
(b) C-337 Cessna Super Skymaster
(c) T-2B/C Rockwell Buckeye
(d) T-37 Cessna 318
(e) T-38 Northrop Talon
(f) F-4 McDonnell-Douglas Phantom
(g) F-111 General Dynamics F111
(h) F-18A Northrop/McDonnell-Douglas Hornet
(i) A6-E Grumman American Intruder
(j) A-10 Fairchild Republic Thunderbolt II
(k) F-15 McDonnell-Douglas Eagle

Could be considered centerline thrust like the f-18

What's your point? You can still log centerline thrust multi-time as multiengine in your logbook. It would be no different than logging Cessna Skymaster time.

Potential employers may not like the fact that it's a centerline thrust multiengine airplane, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a multiengine airplane.

Which dimension are you looking for the smallest? Wingspan, weight, HP, etc...?

What's your point? You can still log centerline thrust multi-time as multiengine in your logbook. It would be no different than logging Cessna Skymaster time.

Potential employers may not like the fact that it's a centerline thrust multiengine airplane, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still a multiengine airplane.
Which is kinda funny. Why do people like to see multi engine time? I see three reasons. The complexity of the aircraft, the difficulty in emergencies, and the type of flying you're doing. If someone was doing island charter in a C-421, how much flying around on one engine are they doing? It's not different to flying around in a C-337, when you think about it.

Which dimension are you looking for the smallest? Wingspan, weight, HP, etc...?

Smallest impact on my wallet! I'd just like to log some hours. I recently gained temporary employment at a rigging shop working on parachutes. There is a couple of light sport and ultra light operations in the hangars next to me. I wanted to go tool around, log a few hours to maintain currency and really just fly. While I wait for the active duty orders to go to flight engineer school for 18 months.

Which is kinda funny. Why do people like to see multi engine time? I see three reasons. The complexity of the aircraft, the difficulty in emergencies, and the type of flying you're doing. If someone was doing island charter in a C-421, how much flying around on one engine are they doing? It's not different to flying around in a C-337, when you think about it.

The checkrides sure are different. I've lost count the amount of times I've demonstrated I can safely fly a twin on one engine.

Smallest impact on my wallet! I'd just like to log some hours. I recently gained temporary employment at a rigging shop working on parachutes. There is a couple of light sport and ultra light operations in the hangars next to me. I wanted to go tool around, log a few hours to maintain currency and really just fly. While I wait for the active duty orders to go to flight engineer school for 18 months.

If purchasing is an option, the fat ultralights that meet E-LSA would be best. Kolb, Challengers and the like. Around $8k or less and it's luggable as ASEL time.

If purchasing is an option, the fat ultralights that meet E-LSA would be best. Kolb, Challengers and the like. Around $8k or less and it's luggable as ASEL time.

...but they all have like 582's on them, no thanks! 912 please.

Back