What is the best air ambulance company to work for?

3 are tribal (no property for you, white man) and 4 non-tribal. I am at a non-tribal base, but the town is pretty rough, and adjusting to the lifestyle here can be a real challenge, however the cost of living is very low. Other companies within the AMRG family are in a lot better locations. Tribal bases are brutal. Company pays a retention bonus to try to keep pilots there, but so far it doesn't seem like it's enough.

Got to deal with all the racism sent the white mans way there. But hey, they're guaranteed business for you, and with generally the same medical problems.

Any chance these companies count any helicopter EMS time? Wouldn't mind possibly swapping over to fixed wing sometime. All their mins don't really specify if it's all FW time or if RW would count for something.

I think many look for an ATP, single pilot IFR time, and 500 multi and that HEMS experience would be a plus.

Any one know anything about Air MD/ Lifeteam?

Jim is the CP now. Good guy and things are starting to come around. Pay increases are now in the scale for FO's and they just opened a new base in GCK (FW, RW and Ground). PM if anyone is looking for a spot and I will get your info over to him.

Derek

Does anyone have any more information about Aero Air? Pay, schedule. TIA.
Pay in the lower 48 was high 40s for a 7 on 7 off 7on 7 long call. In ak it was 65 for the same schedule.
It's not the worst place to work but if you have other options look into them first.

What is the average starting salary for a PC-12 or King Air Captain?

I think 55-60 would be the average. Starting pay based on no overtime and the 20/10 schedule is 78K for EAM on The Reservation. It would be possible to pick up shifts and make over 100K even in your first year. This might put into perspective the difficulties in living there.

Under the old contract, Methods starting pay would be right at 60k. I think they have a new one since I left, not sure. Work over was often available, and added up pretty fast. I think I grossed something like 74 on year 3 pay with maybe two weeks of work over. If you work out in the boonies, they generally have a "hard to fill" stipend. Usually 5k, although I think in extreme cases more.

Under the old contract, Methods starting pay would be right at 60k. I think they have a new one since I left, not sure. Work over was often available, and added up pretty fast. I think I grossed something like 74 on year 3 pay with maybe two weeks of work over. If you work out in the boonies, they generally have a "hard to fill" stipend. Usually 5k, although I think in extreme cases more.

The new contract has folks starting from 61-63k, and they just added a Phoenix opening to the one already listed for Rock Springs, WY.

But you might have to fly a King Air all over the country like I am this week ;)

Yeah I'd be awfully surprised if that Phoenix spot didn't go internal to someone who was displaced when they dropped the other Phoenix base initially.

Yeah I'd be awfully surprised if that Phoenix spot didn't go internal to someone who was displaced when they dropped the other Phoenix base initially.

That was my thought also, but weirder things have happened. I would take it myself if I weren't stuck in the Great White Tundra for six more years.

Back