what headset do you have?

the DC is like the standard for Aviation headsets.

I'm loving the 13.4, just did 3 hours of Xcountry and it was totally comfy. clamping pressure is pretty good, just enough to keep them on your head. The Gel ear cups fit around my plastic-framed shades really well and it still keeps the noise out (my CFI's Avicomm or w.e it's called startes 'leaking' noise when i put my shades on.

I've got the Lightspeed 15 xlc, super comfortable. I think I paid $450 new. Only downside is that it is bulky, used it for 500 hours no problems, except the ear seals are wearing out.

word. looks like DC it is. i just wish i could try a pair for a few hours. i tried my instructors flightcom denali for a flight and they rocked. the all plastic construction makes me second guess em though. i think i'll go for the DC h10-13.4 or the stereo version if i can figure out the difference it will make in my 172

No difference unless you start listening to music but the stereo one's are $10 more so might as well get them.

These for GA
boseheadset.jpg

and these for work
LightspeedMach1.jpg

I use the lightspeed 15 xlc or something like that. I like them. The noise cancelling works pretty well. Only thing I don't like is they are big bulky and goofy looking.

Just ordered the Lightspeed 20XLC, new for 375 with ANR and cell phone/mp3 plug in, cant beat it! Great overall dB reduction

Stratus 30XT ANR

I went to Lakeland Florida there is a shop there that has a bunch of Headsets and a nice sound booth to try them all on. I basically tried on everyone I have ever seen advertised and bought the one I liked best. I love having a great headset, it makes flying so much more enjoyable than with the rental headsets that I could barely decipher.

DCs are ancient technology. Yeah they work and are durable, but they are far, far from the best. Of course if you really do treat your equipment like crap, then you deserve to use crap. Spend some money on a good headset (Telex, Lightspeed, Bose), care for it a bit (don't pound nails with it), and you'll be much better off.

As a side note, I've dropped my Bose X 6 feet onto concrete and they work fine.

P.S. If it really took 3 weeks to fix a dead earcup, DC customer service has really taken a nose dive. I've never had a repair take more than 5 days from when I mailed it till I got it back (Lightspeed), never had to pay for it either.

roger, h = headset. its not the helli version. anyone ever use keenzo before? they have some cheap stuff. looks too cheap to be legit

Back