What goes into the flight suit pockets?

That works, but eventually they get loud enough where you can here them over the engine noise - you can push the props up too, which helps, but really after a certain point it's just easier to pull out a cliff bar.
I used to close the cockpit door at night. It actually worked for all but a few of the louder medics.

The set of nitrile gloves is a good call. I’d keep a few pairs available because...well...people goo. Also an N95 or other mask for TB, influenza, and other mystery molecules floating about the pressurized-with-recirculated-air cabin.

My backpack was d-ringed and bucked into the empty seat to my right. Bring it to pack your lunch, a toothbrush, and fresh set of underwear/T-shirt-socks, toothbrush/paste, etc. THAT set of overnight spares got used a lot for weather, duty, maintenance issues. That’s also where my spare charger and snacks were carried.

The set of nitrile gloves is a good call. I’d keep a few pairs available because...well...people goo. Also an N95 or other mask for TB, influenza, and other mystery molecules floating about the pressurized-with-recirculated-air cabin.

My backpack was d-ringed and bucked into the empty seat to my right. Bring it to pack your lunch, a toothbrush, and fresh set of underwear/T-shirt-socks, toothbrush/paste, etc. THAT set of overnight spares got used a lot for weather, duty, maintenance issues. That’s also where my spare charger and snacks were carried.
Throwing the overnight in the copilot seat is genius. Mines been living in the back with the nurses’ overnight bags.

Throwing the overnight in the copilot seat is genius. Mines been living in the back with the nurses’ overnight bags.

In the PC12 I’d recommend putting it on the floor of the copilots side but belted to the lap belt - then you can lay the flight can comfortably on the copilots seat because there’s otherwise not a heck of a lot of room up front

If feel like any freight dog worth their salt knows the right seat is for the pilot's stuff and anyone sitting there is in the way of the operation.
They really should remove that seat and make it a nice table or something that fits backpacks, mx cans and other required flight items better.

For me it's wallet in the left ankle pocket, cell phone and flight cap in the right ankle pocket and nothing in the quadriceps pockets because the g-suit only has ankle pockets so it's easier to transfer stuff from one ankle pocket underneath to the one above when taking-off and putting on and everything is always on the same spot on your body.

Then keys in the left upper arm pocket with spare change, pencil and pen in their predesigned slots, and ID card in the left breast pocket... or almost as frequently forgotten in the computer!

For me it's wallet in the left ankle pocket, cell phone and flight cap in the right ankle pocket and nothing in the quadriceps pockets because the g-suit only has ankle pockets so it's easier to transfer stuff from one ankle pocket underneath to the one above when taking-off and putting on and everything is always on the same spot on your body.

Then keys in the left upper arm pocket with spare change, pencil and pen in their predesigned slots, and ID card in the left breast pocket... or almost as frequently forgotten in the computer!

Don't you AMC people have your spoon/fork kit too stowed in your flightsuit pen pockets?

Don't you AMC people have your spoon/fork kit too stowed in your flightsuit pen pockets?
I know some guys who did that... mostly as a gag, I like to think. Or perhaps as a statement?

I always prefered to eat with a clean spoon and fork, though, not the one covered with whatever goo and crud I happened to bump into. And I have never been accused of being graceful, so I probably bump into more goo and crud than the average bear.

I know some guys who did that... mostly as a gag, I like to think. Or perhaps as a statement?

I always prefered to eat with a clean spoon and fork, though, not the one covered with whatever goo and crud I happened to bump into. And I have never been accused of being graceful, so I probably bump into more goo and crud than the average bear.

It was usually the uppity snob KC-10 crews i saw with this. :)

I'm weird, I do all cards just loose in my left sleeve pocket (no wallet) as well as wedding ring (yeah, I know, FOD hazard you safety nazis), hat/cover in right ankle pocket, dip can in left ankle pocket, and phone in right breast........I think after I leave this job, I will still have the muscle memory for years after of obsessively touching that pocket to make sure there is no phone in there as I enter office spaces :)

So after a few months on the job, here’s what I’ve arrived at:

Pens, glasses cleaning cloth, small tin of Vick’s, and nitrile gloves live in the suit.

When a flight gets paged out, the personal and company phones and wallet get thrown in the suit when it goes on.

Everything else goes in the backpack in the copilots seat where I can reach it in flight.

Back