What goes into the flight suit pockets?

Roger Roger

Bottom of the list
I’m told the main purpose of the Jet Jammies is to keep the pilot warm in the summer and cold in the winter. However, it’s also got more pockets than I know what to do with, so here goes.

So far, I’m told it’s a good idea to have some Vick’s for those, uh, aromatic patients, 5 hour energy or something similar because backside of the clock sucks, nitrile gloves, pens (stolen from FBOs and hotels, natch)...what else is important enough to have in easy reach rather than in the overnight bag?

Pens omg pens.

Also snacks for your medcrews of some sort. They get cranky when they don’t eat. Jerky is good for that.

A decent 18650 cell powered flashlight on the left arm pocket. Never figured out what the loop is for down by the transmission.

No matter how small your cell phone is, if you put it in your breast pocket, it looks like you're a fat, frumpy math professor. If you put it in the ankle pocket, you'll break your phone or your ankle. It goes in the right pocket on your quadriceps. A notebook goes in the left ankle pocket. Keys or cigs go in the pocket under the pen pockets. Your hat goes in the right ankle pocket. If your flight suit sports the completely obsolete shroud cutter pocket, take the string out and use it to dummy cord your hotel pen to your kneeboard.

Nothing goes in the left quadriceps pocket because it's stupid.

No matter how small your cell phone is, if you put it in your breast pocket, it looks like you're a fat, frumpy math professor. If you put it in the ankle pocket, you'll break your phone or your ankle. It goes in the right pocket on your quadriceps.

Nothing goes in the left quadriceps pocket because it's stupid.

I’m left handed. I carry my phone in my left pocket. Don’t be a Southpawableist.

Pens, Trauma Shears cause why not, flashlight, hand sanitizer, spare AA batteries, spare phone chargers, and work gloves.

Edit: It goes without saying but phone, wallet, and keys as well.

Zippo because its cool.
Extra pen to sign off the book on the 172 for your cap flight.
A little notepad to write down your deep realization on a 172 "mission".
Extra cash in case the air force sends you on a mission outside the states.
CAP bumper stickers
Shades
I can’t quit you.

You haven't had a starving medic at 230am ranting about something silenced instantly by some trail mix.
Out of my old base it was more like "I wanna go to IHOP" at 0330 all while I just wanted to get back and pass out...

Back