What did I get myself into???

Anyone taken a checkride at night?

I have 80 X-C PIC so in thinking how to get to part 135 vfr mins (and onto ATP) I was thinking to make the next 20 at night, and also tick off the night PIC box - you can do that in a few weeknights in a 152.

Yeah I have about 500 PIC X-C now, I think I'm just gonna try and rent something like that when I get home from this Aerial Survey job this coming June.

Who did you work for if you don't mind me asking. I did the same exact thing and did not have a problem checking off the boxes in every column. We would try to relocate at night and or IMC conditions. On bad weather days we would go get "instrument current" and other days "night current".
I think either NSA or Landcare can't fly at night because somebody hit a deer at night, and that ended that. Supposedly.

Maybe even ask around here or put up some flyers at the fbo seeing if anybody would split time with you so you can keep costs down.

What freight companies are out there. I was actually going to look into flying for Airnet out of the Columbus, OH area, but I was told that they folded and sold most of their a/c off.
I forgot about 135 mins. I was at airnet for a year but some others are ameriflight, air cargo carriers, corporate air, etc.

yea what cstewart said Id try to get on with Air cargo carriers the FO slot requires 700TT. Its the shorts 360 which is a true 2 pilot aircraft. That way you get your multi and night and some turbine time.. I thank thats the best way for you to go for sure.. pm me for HR manager at ACC. I currently don't work for them and Im not indorsing them but seems like a good option to me ..

Go buy block & split time in a C152... Find an IR student....

No point wasting 1 year of your life working for hours you don't need, then owing $X,XXX because you will leave early (when that money can also be spent on Night Time build or SPORTY's ATP Program).

Hope this post helps. No brainer since your goal is a regional carrrier.... Its all about reducing costs & saving time through strategic planning.

Back