What airplane flies the best in your opinion

CK

I was wondering what airplane you thought flies the best. I don't mean what your favorite airplane is I mean the best flying airplane. I've always liked the way the Commander 560 flies, feels real solid. I love the way it lands to.

The one that gets me off the ground and back without breaking so I can get paid.
grin.gif

Personally, I don't care WHAT I fly at this point. Beggars can't be choosers. If its got wings, landing gear, and at least one engine- BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!
cool.gif

Id say the space shuttle. Its a little unstable on final, but man, when i land it, it always treats me right.

[ QUOTE ]
737-200.

A little 'squirrely' but a smooth jet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure Doug?

I thought this was the airplane that had the "fisics" that caused a tendency to "shack" in cruise
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was the airplane that had the "fisics" that caused a tendency to "shack" in cruise
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I must've missed that one!

If you try to fly a -200 at .76 or .77, it'll "shack", scream, buzz and protesteth!

Hey Kid
Welcome back, I will call the cops and tell them to release Eagle.

Any ways to answer your question, Passengers never remember the flight its the landing that counts so in that case the C-650 with its trailing link gear is great, not that a "bad" landing isn't possible (so I've been told). It also flies absolutely great, very slick and fast, contol responses are instant with the hydraulic assist of ailerons and roll spoilers, but because it is a swept wing you must watch the angle of attack indicator during low speed flight ie: below 200KIAS.

But that's just my opinion.

What version of the 650 do you fly, III, VI, VII? I've never flown any thing with a trailing link gear but I've heard It's great.
smile.gif

I fly a "late" model III, it has the SPZ - 8000 system which is the same avionics as the VII.

Also Cessna 172 since it is the only plane I have flown. But I really do think it is a great plane, loads of fun.

[ QUOTE ]
I fly a "late" model III, it has the SPZ - 8000 system which is the same avionics as the VII.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't happen to be based at BWI would you? If you are I think I met you.

Well I think my screen name answers that question.

Worst? I don't ever want to fly tail draggers!

Okay, almost all of you guys have pictures loaded that everyone can see, i.e. Doug has a jetcareers logo...

how do you do that?

I'd have to say the Super Decathalon - very smooth plane and a joy to fly.

Even though Mr. Cruiser wouldn't like it because it a tail dragger
tongue.gif

A Mooney M20J, not a good climber but once you get to altitude it's a nice cruiser, responsive to control inputs too! (all pushrods no cables).

Back