Western Global?

Any more info on this position? Experience going to a major/ups, shifts, management?
Thanks in advance

It's definitely the wild west of dispatching. Here is an example of one time we couldn't reach the aircraft via Stockholm and the Captain had to stop at the reclear destination.

Body discovered after BLOOD dripped from US plane was a 'stowaway' | Daily Mail Online

Notice the first bullet point says it made an unscheduled stop in Harare. Then it goes on to quote a company spokesman calling it a routine fuel stop. Then later stating the captain tried to land in Mozambique and was turned away. Dead bodies and pallets of cash aside, this is how this type of flying/dispatching goes on a consistent basis.
[/QUO

Currently, all are ACARS equiped.

In one aspect I miss doing total random charters to BFE and beyond. By far the most aggravating and most fun dispatching anyone can do.

My first airline didn't have acars either, so yep, Stockholm Radio it is. I have had to issue many releases via Stockholm because there was no other form of communication.

I have also had SFO Arinc, get me a party line call to 5 of my flights all at the same time.

Ah the good ole days of dispatching, where if CNN hasn't called 30 minutes after your flight was suppose to land, it must have arrived safely and the crew just forgot to tell you. :)

Now pass the donuts

Now pass the donuts

tenor.gif

You do get credit as you seem to find the most obscure clips and just the right time

Of course that clips is a little off. He throws a powdered donut, yet the man gets hit with one with no coating. There is no way all that powder came off in that short distance

He threw it that hard, duh!

You do get credit as you seem to find the most obscure clips and just the right time

Of course that clips is a little off. He throws a powdered donut, yet the man gets hit with one with no coating. There is no way all that powder came off in that short distance

That’s some new age Jason Bourne wrist flexion

Back