Weather Info Sources

If you're getting weather for a flight plan you're filing, the weather features included at www.fltplan.com are excellent and FAA certified. Fltplan is even an authorized weather source/brief as per our part 135 op specs.

I use all of the basics above, but for a windows mobile phone or PDA, the Garmin Pilot Mycast is pretty good. I think I did have to pay a few buck to get it, but nothing recurring

weather_rock.jpg

:crazy:

Actually I prefer a combo of: aviationweather.gov and duats

If you're getting weather for a flight plan you're filing, the weather features included at www.fltplan.com are excellent and FAA certified. Fltplan is even an authorized weather source/brief as per our part 135 op specs.

Yup... Thats all i ever use. I love how it sorts out the NOTAMS too. Only the ones that actually affect the route of flight instead the 10+ pages you get from DUATS

http://www.accuweather.com/
Good descriptions of why the weather is doing what it is. Helpful for pilots to understand the big picture. Also has links to lightning strike maps. Finally, lists the maximum temperature for the day for performance planning.

Back