We need a spy in Greensboro

Ooh!
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh geez. That's got to be one of the ugliest aircraft designs on earth!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

Insert A-10 image here...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ooh!
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and I have been in that one (the russian death trap)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, is it worse than the American death trap that Mark has as his avatar?
grin.gif

Well, I've always liked them, and would love to have one, but I've heard this one described as "ugly" before:

THPZL1.JPG

I don't know though, personally I have a difficult time calling ANY aircraft "ugly".
smile.gif

Yeah, yeah, yeah...
grin.gif
I would love to build/fly/own one some day though. It's only a death trap when you hit the ground.
crazy.gif
I have a few steps to make before I get to that point though. Maybe once I get some aerobatic training to go with my new tailwheel rating I will feel a little more confident.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, yeah, yeah...
grin.gif
I would love to build/fly/own one some day though. It's only a death trap when you hit the ground.
crazy.gif
I have a few steps to make before I get to that point though. Maybe once I get some aerobatic training to go with my new tailwheel rating I will feel a little more confident.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when you get to that point, you give me a yell before you do anything. That aircraft has taken more than its share of pilot's lives. I know some people who have great info about them. No doubt they can be flown relatively safely, but I found out long ago that I prefer to learn by other's experiences whenever possible as opposed to having to learn by my own experience...usually the hard way.
grin.gif

And, in all fairness, I know some who hate the aircraft with a passion. I know some who hate the designer with a passion too.
ooo.gif

I'm sure they can be flown safely, or relatively so, but what is bad is the fact that it doesn't take any particular skill or training to get one, it just takes money. Which isn't a good thing (in my opinion).
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ooh!
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and I have been in that one (the russian death trap)

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw that Russian thing fly at Oshkosh. Looks cooler in the water and flying than it does on landing gear.

Anyone have any idea why the engines are not connected to the empanage (sp?)?

It is a good looking airplane.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any idea why the engines are not connected to the empanage (sp?)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Something about cabin space I believe, but don't quote me on that.

[ QUOTE ]
Something about cabin space I believe, but don't quote me on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense, to an extent. It just seems the position of the engines are in a lot weaker place.

Back