We all want the same thing...

Ouch. Something hurt? As for the help part, officially it's "no comment" and there are reasons for that. Anyway, IMO there will be ALPA here in 2015. My guess is a 70-80% pass.
What @Seggy is saying, along with many others, is you are quick to call out shortcomings. That is all well and good and for the most part, encouraged. The step you seem to miss is you don't try to make a difference when you comment on the shortcoming. Remember, you (pilot group you) are only as strong as your weakest link. This extends to volunteering your free time to help make safety, procedures, training, etc better for all those currently on the seniority list and those to follow. Maybe then people will stop giving you such a hard time about pretty much everything you post.

What @Seggy is saying, along with many others, is you are quick to call out shortcomings. That is all well and good and for the most part, encouraged. The step you seem to miss is you don't try to make a difference when you comment on the shortcoming. Remember, you (pilot group you) are only as strong as your weakest link. This extends to volunteering your free time to help make safety, procedures, training, etc better for all those currently on the seniority list and those to follow. Maybe then people will stop giving you such a hard time about pretty much everything you post.

You don't want me to make a difference. My ideas are radical and unpopular. I'm in favor of gettin rid of straight seniority schedule bidding and bringing in an Emirates-style rotating bidding. Everyone gets reserve 1-2 months of the year. Next, I'm in favor of merit based movement, not straight seniority. Yes I've heard numerous reasons why this is a bad idea but the rest of corporate America works the same. Merit gets you ahead, not how long you've been at a company.

Those views are too radical for me to volunteer and change the current system. :)

You don't want me to make a difference. My ideas are radical and unpopular. I'm in favor of gettin rid of straight seniority schedule bidding and bringing in an Emirates-style rotating bidding. Everyone gets reserve 1-2 months of the year. Next, I'm in favor of merit based movement, not straight seniority. Yes I've heard numerous reasons why this is a bad idea but the rest of corporate America works the same. Merit gets you ahead, not how long you've been at a company.

Those views are too radical for me to volunteer and change the current system. :)

Why don't you troll on APC ShyGuy?

Here's the problem. Most of us do want the same thing, but there are those who completely ignore others and are willing to step on our necks to make sure they get ahead.

Until that stops, the disfunction will continue.

Define this please.

Unless there is a national seniority list :rolleyes: "stepping on others necks" is an unfortunate side effect of the system we work in. Asking someone on a completely different list to "take it for the team" for your(family's) sake at the expense of their own is simply unrealistic.

The regional sector is significantly more at risk to this situation. It is so broken, and in managements favor that I honestly see no way of fixing it. We all dodder on about how stupid airline management is but is that really true? They created this system and I think they saw it for what it truly is.

@Seggy that was not trolling. He asked of trying to make it better and I gave my assessment of what I believe. It doesn't jive with your beliefs but that does not make it trolling.

Folks have spend a lot of bandwidth to give substantive reasons why your beliefs are (to put it mildly) ridiculous. You can't give any substance in your response except you think you are a genius and can change decades of best practices.

Sure, ok.

Define this please.

Unless there is a national seniority list :rolleyes: "stepping on others necks" is an unfortunate side effect of the system we work in. Asking someone on a completely different list to "take it for the team" for your(family's) sake at the expense of their own is simply unrealistic.

The regional sector is significantly more at risk to this situation. It is so broken, and in managements favor that I honestly see no way of fixing it. We all dodder on about how stupid airline management is but is that really true? They created this system and I think they saw it for what it truly is.

Pretty much exactly what you said it was. There are people willing to pay to play. People willing to accept sub-par contracts in order to underbid places that pay fair wages. You're right, its pretty much "the way it is." And that's screwed up.

We shouldn't have to choose between career progression and fair compensation. And if we really all stood together, we wouldn't have to.

I can see you've thought about this for a full five minutes.

Quite frankly
i dont care.gif
, but don't stop believing. You're a special snow flake and you don't confuse the meaning of "radical" with "feeble", which is easy to do when you start proposing brand new (old), well crafted ideas (vomit), like merit based movement (hot garbage).

The only problem I have, when any one calls out ALPA and their shortcomings. APLA's answer is usaally some thing like "well you "ARE" ALPA. When was the last time you volunteered, worked on a safety committee etc, etc?". Not every one can do that and even if they could ALPA wouldn't know what to do with 12,000 Delta pilots showing up ready to volunteer. Just like we all can't be congressmen/mayors/presidents. We elect those people to do a job for us, and if we don't like it, we vote them out, if they don't like the job they quit. The ALPA membership is to be listened to and direct the way they want thier Union to go. Not listen to their "reps" tell them they're wrong and the only way they can help the situation is to volunteer.

For info, current part 91 and former ALPA "member".

Back